Chapter 1 ~ Flashback

- - - - - - -

A/N - Before I get started.. All my stories may have a romance/mushy scene. They don't usually happen straight away, but if it does, I'll add a warning before the chapter starts.

- - - - - - - -
~ Rogue's point of view ~

"Zack. COME HERE!" Varick yelled, "I heard you lost to a little boy younger than you in a fight."

Various slaps from Varick were marked onto Zack's face.
Zack stood there silently, with one hand rubbing his stinging, pale red cheek and the other wiping his translucent tears.
"Got nothing to say huh? I don't want you stepping in this house again if you're this weak." Varick muttered as he made his way out the room.

"Zack! Zack! Are you okay?" I sniffled, "Papa can be a bit mean sometimes.. I'm-I'm sure he means no harm!..."
"Rogue, it's fine. Lets just go back to your room okay? Don't tell mama about this." He smiled weakly as he stroked my beige hair.

Everytime father would find tiny reasons to let out his stress on Zack. Before arriving to school, he would leave the home with 4 different wounds, cuts or even bruises. Even mother tried getting father out of his bad habits in child abuse, but thus left her injured as well.

Morning arrived, Zack left before me. I made my way downstairs and grabbed a slice of bread and butter and shoved into my mouth.
"Bye Papa!" I yelled as I left the house.
There was no reply.
"One day.." I swore to myself, "one day he will acknowledge the two of us and regret his attitude he shows us now."

~~~

"Rogue..."
"Rogue.."
"ROGUE. WAKE UP YOU LAZY POTATO!"

"Mmm.. Your getting fat.. You have to go on a diet." I mumbled, unconsciously grabbing onto Miss Noire's leg.

She clenched her first tightly and wacked my head.
"Huh.. Ouch.. Oh.. Hey there Miss Noire!" I smiled as I slowly came back to reality.
"Oh hi Rogue! Had a good dream?, " she smiled, "I'll be seeing you in detention."
"Sigh. Rogue.. Your already 16.. You should stop sleeping in class.. Especially Miss Noire's class." Laughed Lewis.

I stuck out my tongue at him as he smirked back, leaving the classroom for recess.
Lewis was one of the popular kids, but leaves me to hangout with girls during break. He was despied by a lot of men for taking their women.

However our friendship started after I saved him from getting beaten up. It was a long journey before we became friends.

I stared out the window, bored and tired. As I peered carefully into the school grounds below, my eyes met a girl with long golden brown hair.
I lept out of my seat and ran downstairs. My heart started thumping.

"What is this feeling?" I pondered.
My legs came to a halt as I reached the end of the staircase.
I ran towards her before she made her way to the classroom.

"Wait!!" I shouted as i called out to her, "have we met before?"
Somewhere deep within me, I began to realise that my words sounded like a corny pick up line.

"Ahaha... Umm.. I don't think so!, " she laughed.
Her pale brown eyes glistened in the sunlight. She grabbed my hand and shook it gently.
"I'm Arielle! Pleased to meet you."

Please comment, add a star or follow me if you haven't already! (>ˆ▽ˆ)>˘˚°