Chapter 2

Ma, Da!!! I'll get water!Must put out fire!!! Ma!! We're are-

"Ma!" I shouted right after a bad dream. Ever since the fire at the apartment when Da died and ever since Ma died I had bad dreams. I got up from the pile of leaves I was sleeping on and walked out of the woods. I didn't want to go to to foster care when Da died so I simply lived in the Black Woods where no one came. No one came because there where un true rumors about the place. So I decided to live there were no one would find me. As I entered the village I went straight to the bakery. There, I bought a piece of bread and a glass of milk. I sat at on one of the free tables in the bakery. I drunk my glass of milk and ate my bred and left the bakery. I stopped by the homeless shelter and donated a nickel. When I turned around to leave, bump! I slammed into a young boy who was probably my age.
" Sorry!" I said.
" It's Ok! I'm Oliver, but you can call me Olive!"Olive said with a smile.
"Well, my name is Nicole, but you can call me Nickel."
" Nickel, why would someone call you Nickel?" Olive asked looking suspicious.
" Well, I donate a nickel everyday to charity and that's why I am here at the homeless shelter!" I explained. As I was leaving something tapped me on the back and said
"Hey, Nickel, are you free on Tuesday? I wanted you to meet my horse Buckel and my dog Biscut at 12:00am at brunch. My sister Sofia and my twin Cody would love to meet you. You seem really nice!"Olive said.
" Sure. I'm always free." I said.
" Great, Tuesday at 12:00am sharp! See you then!" He shouted as he ran deeper into town. Great! I thought to myself. I never knew what day of the week it was and I never knew what time it was. There was a clock in center of town but that didn't help. I couldn't read time. I walked to the park were I usually saw Lillie. Lillie was a 8 year old girl up for adoption and comes to the park everyday when her foster mom isn't home. As a sat on the park bench someone poked me on the shoulder.
"Boo!!" Lillie shouted as she jumped on my back. As she literally was on the top of my head I said
" Get of my you little monkey! Or I'll huff and puff and blow you to the ground!!" I shouted. Lillie giggled. Lillie was born crippled. He left leg didn't work right so she needed a crutch. Lillie was a sweet girl but not the foster mother. Ms. Sour didn't like me playing with Lillie. She thought I was a bad influence. I pulled Lillie off my head and placed her next to me.
" So, how are you younger lady!" I said while tickling her. While she giggled, she managed to say
" I'm fine! Ms. Sour is mean as always!" Sadly, as she said this Ms.Sour came running and screamed
"I told you to stay away from her! If I ever catch you with her again, I'm calling the cobs!" I backed away from Ms. Sour as she pulled Lillie back into the house. As she was pulling Lillie into the house screamed
" Ms.Sour!!! Nickie is my best friend!! NICKIE!! Save-" and that's all I heard. She was know back in her house in the evil clutches of Ms.Sour.