Chapter 3

Thump,thump! I woke up to the sound of a thumping sound. I woke up in a house. " Were am I? Who brought me here!" I shouted. I got up am ran to the door. It was locked. I ran to the back door. Locked too. I started screaming.I started crying. After an hour of crying, I fell back asleep.
__________________________________________________________________
I woke up at the sound of a voice. The voice was high and smooth. I tried to open my eyes. I was too tired. I tried again.My eyes opened and slowly adjusted to the light. Standing in front of me was.......Lillie.
" Lillie, where am I? How did I get here? What time is it? It's Tuesday, right?" I asked. I had so many questions my head could pop of any second.
" It's ok Nickie, I can explain. Today is Tuesday and it's about 12:04pm. I was walk-" Lillie said but I cut her and screamed
" I'm late!! See you later Lillie but I have to go. I have plans today"
I ran out the front door, jumped a fence, kept running past the creek, under the bush, and into town. As I ran up to the homeless shelter, it was 12:21pm (I figured that out by asking a man on the street.). I ran into the homeless shelter and I found Olive asleep on the coach in the waiting room. He must of fallen asleep while he was waiting for me I thought. I touched his shoulder and Olive came back to life.
"Nickel! You came! Oh no." He said looking at his watch. "Mom is going to kill me! Come on Nickel, let's go to my place". We walked to a large house that was painted bright green and had Christmas decorations up. As we approached the house a dog ran out of the dog door and started barking. This alarmed me because I wasn't used to dogs so I backed away.
" It's ok Nickel, old Biscut won't hurt you. He loves people. Here, come pet him!" He said with a smile. I slowly approached the dog and put my hand on his head As I began strocking him, he licked my other hand and stared up at me.
"Cute!" I said at the dog.
"Here, come in!" Olive said gesturing to the door.
"Ok" I said quietly. We walked into his house. His house looked bigger than it actually was. There was and old chandelier hanging from the ceiling. We walked into the living room.The room was old and dusty, but there was a nicely set table and a man, woman , a daughter, and son standing there. The son looked like Olive but was a little shorter and had blonder hair like mine. The girl on the other hand was way shorter than Olive but she was way skinnier and had chocolate brown eyes. The mother was wearing a long skirt and a nice shirt and had her hair pulled back in a braid. The father was a little plump but was wearing a suit and tie had a briefcase in his hand.
"Son, where have you been? You said you bringing a friend but you never said you would be late! Come and sit. You too Ms......"
"Ms Nicole, but call me Nickie." I corrected.
"Ah, ok Nickie, come have brunch with us, where glad you could come over. Next time you come we will invite your parents!" He said with a smile.
"Ok" I replied. We ate bread and butter or jam first. Oliver's father ate most of the bread but I got my hands on two slices. Then we had sliced ham, tomatoes, turkey, and mozzarella. Them we had some nice burgers and hot dogs of the grill( I only had a vege burger because I'm a vegetarian.), And finally, we had pie. After I helped bring the dishes to the sink, Olive's family insisted on me to go to a hockey game with them.
" Are you excited Nickie?" Cody asked.
" Sure, sounds like fun. I have never been to a hockey game before." I admitted.
"Well you'll love it. I play hockey and volleyball. Do you play any sports?" He asked.
"No" I replied honestly.
"Well that too bad. Maybe we could play hockey sometime on the ice. Would you like that?" He asked.
"Sure" I said. After we packed some snacked in Olive's mom's purse, we left for the hockey game.