Ch. 7

I ran to my room when we entered the house. I flopped onto my bed, buried my head in my pillows, and screamed at the top of my lungs. I had to get the butterflies out somehow. I turned over, grinning from cheek to cheek and kicked my legs wildly. I unlocked my phone to see if I had any messages. I didn't. Then, a thought entered my mind that ended my happiness fit.

He'll probably never talk to me again. 

That's kind of how it goes for me. Every one of my boyfriends has NEVER talked to me in school, just when we would be at my house. And don't even think about going anywhere. Ohhhh no. I was kind of an embarassing girlfriend. I wasn't pretty, or funny, or the thinnest, or the smartest. I didn't really know how to shop, or wear make up. Why I had boyfriends is beyond me, but hey, at least I know I did.

Derrick talk's to EVERY girl. Literally. He'll go to school on Monday and probably forget today ever happened. Forget that we ever met. Forget that we ever kissed. 

But, I came to terms with myself, and decided that was okay. It was probably for the best for both of us anyway. Everyone would make fun of him for dating me, and everyone would think badly of me for dating such a bad boy.

Dating a bad boy. The sound of those words gave me chills. Good chills. Oh, who was I kidding? I wanted to. I liked bad boy's anyway. They kind of balanced me out. 

But I decided that Derrick and I would never happen, and I accepted it. 

I plugged in my phone and entered the bathroom for a shower.

---------------------------

After applying my acne washes and slipping on my pajama pants, I entered my room again. I glanced at my phone to see if I had any notifications. I did. It flashed green, which meant e-mail, message from facebook, or text. I figured it was an email, the only people who ever texted me or messaged me were Katelin and my cousin Macy, who was literally my best friend. I told her everything. I'd have to tell her about today! 

I unlocked my phone to get rid of my e mail nofication and message her, but there was no e mail. I had a text. 

I slid down the notification bar to see who it was.

Derrick Morse.

Oh great, what did he want?

I opened the text, expecting an apology and how we couldn't talk.

"Hey baby your a great kisser (;" Oh God. No no no no no. Stoooooppp..

Great, here comes the butterflies again. I tried to keep my reply simple by saying, "Thanks, so are you. (:"

With that said, we continued talking for hours. I'd completely forgot trying to keep simple and just get it over with. I was pretty much gushing over him, and I'd only met him a couple of hours ago.

But that kiss, I couldn't get over it. It felt like someone covered my lips with pop rocks (even though I hate pop rocks and if someone ever did that I'd probably choke them). There was fireworks going off in my head every second our lips were pressed together. It was something I'd never experienced when I kissed a boy before. And I slumped into my covers, knowing he probably didn't feel a thing.

I checked the clock before opening his newest text. 10:22. Usually by this time I'm passed out asleep, but I was wide awake. Smiling and laughing at our conversation, which had also never happend to me before. I opened his text.

"I have a problem, do you think you could help me?" My heart sank thinking it was probably help with a girl.

"Of course! Whats up?" 

"Well im really tired of being single" I was right.

"Join the club. Lol"  I replied, in an attempt to be friendly.

"Well i kinda wanna ask someone out" I felt my heart fall into my stomach to be dissolved by its acids. I knew it.

But I was not about to show my depression. "Do it! Who?" I waited for what seemed like forever, thinking it was Katelin he was talking about, and wanted me to ask her out for him. Which I decided I wouldn't do. 

"Her names Shelby" 

I read the text over and over again. Did he know any other Shelbys? I'll ask.

"Ooo, Shelby who?" My mind and stomach were doing somersaults. Could it possibly be me? 

My phone vibrated again. I closed my eyes before opening the text.

"Dassinger (:" My heart raced, no longer being dissolved by my stomach acids. 

"Is that so? (: " I replied. 

"Yea (: still want me to do it?" OF COURSE ARE YOU STUPID. I thought, but didn't write.

"Yepp (:" I was trembling with happiness, and had to rewrite the text a few times before finally spelling the simple word right. 

Bzzzz. Bzzzzzz.

The moment of truth. 

"Will you go out with me? (:"

I screamed loudly enough to wake my mother, who ran into my room.

"What's wrong?!" She practically yelled at me.

"DERRICK MORSE IS ASKING ME OUT!" She glared at me, knowing the reason for her to be awoken at such a late hour.

"You're too young for boyfriends. Be quiet I have to get up in 5 hours." She exited the room. I looked back to my phone and locked the message.

"Yeah (:" Send.

"Really? (:" No. I'm lying. DUH.

"Yessir (:"

"Yay! (:" 

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. How was this going to go? Were we only going to text? Would we ever hang out? Would he ever even acknowledge me in public? In school? God, did I hope so. I felt like I fell off a cliff for this kid. 

We talked for a few more hours before saying goodnight. A million different things were racing through my head, and I fell asleep smiling like a mad woman. Best day of my life.