Chapter 4

Nina's POV

I was sitting by the pool in my penthouse drinking some tea as I kept wondering about the event happening a few years ago. Why would Nick ever cheat on me? Was i not enough for him? Am i just one of his girls? Maybe i should give him a chance to explain? I thought to myself.

I was getting frustrated so i head to the kitchen to occupy myself rather than i spend the whole saturday thinking about Nick. I opened the fridge to get the ingredients when i realised i haven't gone grocery shopping. All i have left was shrimp, eggs and bacon. I was about to call for delivery when i realised that i could try and make the dish Nick made for me before. Shrimp with egg omelette.

Well, the plan on occupying myself without Nick failed as i recall about the past.

FLASHBACK
"Nina! That's not how you open a shrimp!" Nick exclaimed at me as i embarrassingly put the shrimp back to the plate.

Nick patiently teached me step by step on how to open a shrimp properly.
"Thanks Nick, i could never cook if it wasn't for you," i kissed him on his cheeks.

"You don't have to learn how to cook Nina. I would always be by your side and cook for you." Nick said as he looked at me.
END OF FLASHBACK

After i finished eating, i went back to my bedroom and i heard my phone ringing. I was about to answer when it went off. The lock screen of my iPhone was written:
'Do not answer' missed call (2)
'Do not answer' message (1)

It was Nick. I rename him as do not answer the day he cheated on me. I couldn't help myself to answer his call if i wouldn't have rename him.

Hey -Do not Answer

I replied him back a 'hi' when he immediately responded back.

Nina are you free today? I need to see you, i hope it'll be a civil conversation this time. -do not answer

I laughed at this. A civil conversation really? How can i have a civil conversation with my ex boyfriend who cheated on me and was now made to be my future husband?

I'm free. Okay i hope so. Where do you want me to meet you? - Nina

The beach. - Do not answer

I'm actually pretty surprised he haven't changed his number. I never changed my number since i actually have a little hope that maybe someday Nick would actually contact me.

Why must he choose the beach? The beach brings about so many memories. I sighed.

I head to my wardrobe to dress myself up. I took out a black skinny jeans and a white sleeveless top with black peter pan collar.

I went down my penthouse building and walk to the beach. There i saw Nick staring at the waves. I went towards him and i observed him a little while before i tapped his back. He turned around and stare at me for god knows how long.

Nick's POV
I was staring at the waves thinking how i should explain everything to her. I want to apologize to her. I want to be with her. I want to get back to the way it used to be.

I was lost in my thoughts until i feel a tapped in my back. I turned around and there i saw Nina staring at me. I scanned through her face and observe her beauty, i wanted to kiss her so badly but i know that it would be a mistake.

"Nina," i started, i wanted to confess and say everything to her. I wanted to let it all go but i can't

"I need to see you because i wanted to ask you something and i hope you wouldn't mind answering it"

"Okay?" She said confusion written in her voice.

"Do you want to marry me?" I asked her dead serious. I wanted to know if she still love me or not, if she wants to marry me, she still have some lingering feelings for me. If she don't want to marry me, it means that she really have moved on. She didn't answer me so to break the silence i spoke, "if you mind then i won't bother y-." I got cut off as she started saying something that
makes me regret ever asking her this. It's something that is even worse than saying a yes or a no. What she said is hurtful, offensive.

"Well, if that's what my parents want then yes."

"So you're marrying me for the sake of your parent?" I asked calmly.

"Yes"

"You shouldn't force yourself to marry the people you don't love Nina." I stopped speaking as i realised what i just said. I shouldn't have said that. She don't love me, she would only agree to this marriage because her parents forced her to. She don't love you Nick, not anymore, i thought to myself.

I couldn't bring myself to speak anymore so i walk away from her and walk towards my white lamborghini.

Nina POV
I saw his retreating figure and wonder to myself if what i said to him is so mean. Tears started to roll down my cheeks, I didn't mean to phrase it that way, i still care about him even after everything he did to me but i don't want him to know that i still have feelings for him. I want him to hate me rather than being nice to me.

I still love you so damn much Nick that it hurts. I lock myself in my bedroom and cried for so long and i started feeling tired. I closed my eyes and sleep took over my body. Why must my life be like this?