Reality.

There's nothing like watching your best friend, a family member, or a loved one die right in front you. It was 6:46 p.m. on Feburary 22nd I officially had no one. Linda, my best friend, was all I had left. She, and my family had died from Emphilamia, a virus outbreak that is wiping out the world faster than the speed of light. SPEAR (Society Powered Embassy of Absolute Relief) is the reason my family is dead, Linda is dead, and everyone is dead. I don't even remember living a normal life. SPEAR came into power when the virus out broke. They have completely taken over everyone's lives, injecting micro chips in the back of necks, rationing food, money, reporting every action of our every moves, and punishing. I hate this fucked up society. I am just so angry and sad and frustrated and have no idea what to do anymore. SPEAR gave all teenagers daily tablets, one red and about the size of a cockroach, one green and the size of a pinkie thumb nail, and one blue, the size of a tooth. They did this to "research more about the human being", although I think it's really a test. Every 3 months, we get 3 drops of blood drawn to try to find a cure and record changes from the tablets.

I walked away from her bed. I see thousands of mattresses next to each other in this huge, open building. There is no cure for this virus. As I walk away from her mattress, I walked past so many suffering faces. Some people are dying, others are already dead. Family and friends are piled next to a bed. I'm listening to sound of crying, moaning and sorrow. My family is gone. Her family is gone too. I walk out of the building, and I start home. Nobody has been at school since December, and she was basically the only girl I talked to. I know for sure I'm going to get it, but it doesn't matter anymore. I have no one, power, or hope. I'm alone and depressed. I walked into my home. It was so empty, I feel like I could almost hear my family, laughing, running around, fighting. I sat down and remembered that my mother had kept electric cigarettes in her drawers. I needed a way to ease this pain was last time, I mean who am I kidding, I'm gonna die anyways, right? I got up and rubbished through her drawers for the electronic cigarettes she owned. I took it out of the box, and it was shiny. I inhaled one puff and exhaled with a cough. Inhale, exhale. I never took the tablets SPEAR gave us. There is no point, especially now that everyone is dying. I got up from the couch, feeling a little dizzy. As I headed over to the counter to grab water, I noticed a letter.

To Ms. Corbett Reilly,

SPEAR is ever so kindly asking you to join our spaghetti dinner this Friday at 6 o'clock sharp. This mandatory dinner takes place at the headquarters hall. Please dress formally.

I don't want anything to do with that dumb ass dictactorship SPEAR. They are dictators. Cowards. Exterminators. I started to cry. How did that letter get in my house? How could they make me go to their dumb ass dinner if everything I had left has been taken from me? And, who is even still alive? What time is it? 8:01? I'm so dizzy right now. In the corner of my eye, I saw my dog ringing the bells to go outside. I let him out, and then I saw my father, and my mother, and my brothers. "Corbett, you're still alive?" I heard in my head. I passed out.