Chapter 8

"Juvia you know you're clothes are all torn.... What are you, an exhibitionist?" "Juvia believes that's your character Gray-Sama... Look you're missing a shirt." "Anyways why did you collapse?" "Juvia hasn't slept in days.... She thought she would take this opportunity to take a nap. But you know Juvia is awake now... She can walk.." Gray shakes his head, "No you got hurt too, just let me carry you." "But Juvia's legs are perfectly fine." "You're shaking, stupid. Just be quiet and let me carry you." Juvia's eyes fill with tears. All she could think of was that everything that just happened was her fault. "But Gray-Sama, you're shaking too." Gray chuckles, "Well how could I not be shaking. I was about to lose someone very precious to me. Now about that necklace incident." "Ah oh that.... Juvia is sorry for following you, she was under the influence of alcohol." "No don't worry about that. That necklace is supposed to be for you." "Huh?!?" Gray sits Juvia down on a bench and pulls out a small black box with a blue ribbon. "The box is bit beaten up, but it's what's inside that counts. So open it." Gray hands Juvia the box. She looks at the box and slowly her shaking hand takes off the ribbon. She opens the box and a smile spreads across her face. She pulls out the necklace and dangling on the end of the small chain was a heart locket. "It's really pretty. Thank you Gray-Sama." "Open the locket up, dummy." Juvia opens up the locket and gasps. On the left side was an etch of the guild symbol and on the right side was a picture of Juvia and Gray. Although he looks hesitant in the picture it couldn't hide the fact that he was happy being there. "This is from one of our missions..... Gray-Sama....." "Well I thought it would mean a bit more if it was our first mission together but we don't have a picture of that." "No that doesn't matter... Gray-Sama, why?" "Huh well Erza said that I needed to answer your feelings in some way, so I thought of this. Do you not like it?" "No, Juvia loves it.... How could she not like it... But what does this mean?" Gray looks down, his face flushed bright red. "I guess this is what people call love or something like that." "Like a friend love?" Gray's face turns to a deeper red. "No like a love kind of love." "Juvia doesn't understand what Gray-Sama means." "I LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU LOVE ME!" Juvia is in shock her words get stuck in the back of her throat. A few minutes after silence Juvia finally speaks up. "How long?" "For awhile." Juvia sighs and stands up. "Gray-Sama, you are such a tsundere. Juvia should be happy but she can't." Tears fill her eyes and casts her eyes down. "Juvia can't look at you. Not after what she has done to you. The necklace makes Juvia super happy but she can't take it...." Juvia takes Gray's hand and places the necklace in his hand. She squeezes his hand hand shut and holds it for a second. Finally she let go. "I'm sorry Gray-Sama, see you at the guild tomorrow." With that said, Juvia walks home. "Wait a second... I did what Erza said, so why is it that in the end I was rejected?" Gray turns around hoping to stop Juvia but she nowhere in sight. "Dammit..... JUVIA GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! JUST WAIT AND SEE YOU WON'T BE REJECTING ME FOR LONG!" Gray grips the necklace. "THIS I PROMISE YOU!" And with that Gray's determination skyrocketed.