TWELVE

It has been a couple of months since I first came to Mountain Peak Horse Whispering. The friendships between the seven of us has grown. I respect Prince as a leader, although at first I thought he was taking my responsibility away from me, the job I was given along time ago.

We were out in the pasture playing 'It', when a red horse truck pulled down the driveway. A man with Greying brown hair and stern grey eyes got out. He banged on the hood of the truck and a beautiful woman come out, she had blue eyes and pitch black hair. She went over to the man and asked," So I pick a horse for myself, then you pick fourteen to go in the warehouse?"
" yes, seven stallions and seven mares. They will hopefully breed in the warehouse and we can sell the foals." He replied in a gruff voice. " Now be quiet nobody can know of my plans!"
"Hello. How can I help you today." Asked Fat Lady

The seven of us were loaded into the truck. We all now had brown halters, and none of us had blankets. How could Kerianna do this to me! At least I am among friends. Fat lady came over with the last horses, two Piebald mares and two seal brown mares. Elmo, Prince, Destiny and Macaroon were in one corner and Larel, General and I in the other. After the mares were loaded in the truck moved forwards towards the front gate. We passed the sign the girl was staring at the moving truck.
" Well..." I said to break the silence that was looming over us like a storm cloud. "Well what." Said General
"I don't know."
"How about I break this horrible silence? I'll tell you my story." Began General. " I was the commanders horse in the army. The big Guy, the one every horse looked up too. It was battle training, I was neighing instructions to the other horses. Then it happened... something despicable, the reason I hate humans. His comrades turned against him the pined him against the wall and pulled guns on him, the sound echoed throughout the camp I was in the pasture across from them, as the left they kicked his dead body and spat on him. They didn't bury him or anything, just left him, the flies were going crazy. I stood there for two days I didn't eat or drink, I wanted to be with my master. When ever someone came into the paddock I would chase the away. Biting and kicking. The army eventually sold me to Mountain Peak and I have lived there ever since." The whole truck sat in silence once again until Larel chimed in " you must be old." The entire truck burst out laughing. Even General managed a loud chuckle.

We eventually pulled up to a small ware house, the man opened up the back and handed a lead to his daughter. " pick a horse." He said as she walked over to one of the piebald mares, this one had a completely white face and was covered with black patches on the belly and hind quarters. " I want this one!" She said with glee.
" I want you to ride her home." He said as he hefted a saddle, bridal and saddle pad out of the back of his ute. "EEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!" She squealed with delight, this woke the sleeping shape of Destiny and he kicked out at Elmo who jolted away and bumped into Prince. Prince fell onto the latch cutting his leg deeply. "OUCH." He said and then he cussed. Words that no horse should ever hear.
Elmo and Destiny stared at each other in shock. Opening and closing their mouths like gold fish.