2

I woke up, but I didn't know where it was. Didn't seem familiar to me whatsoever. But what I did know, was that I was most likely in trouble.

This whole mate thing, I don't get it. I don't understand it. It's so confusing, how do you just love someone because of a please bond?

I want more than just a superficial love, I want realistic love. Love, like when you look at him, and and he was already staring at you. That's love. The best feeling you could possibly have.

I began to examine the room. There was a wooden door, that was the exit and the entrance.

A bathroom. Then it all came to my knowing. I'm in a masters bedroom. The bed was so soft, the walls had a couple torches on them.

The velvet duvet had black stitches that held them together so gracefully. The pillows were also velvet, but the other side of it was black. I climbed down from the bed, still in my gown from last night.

My ankle was bruised and swollen. But, it had a wrap on it, so it wasn't painfully when my feet padded over to the bathroom. I went in the bathroom. And found myself humming random tunes that I came up with.

When will I go back to my family?

When will I even see them again?

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was frizzy from the pouring rain last night. My mascara and makeup was running down my face, but now it's dried up.

I turned on the sink and cupped my hand under the faucet. When it was filled with water I splashed my face with it to get off the make up.

I pulled the tiny cloth off the rack and wiped my face with it.

I left the bathroom and saw clothes on the bed I was just on.

That wasn't there before. Nonetheless, I took the offer into consideration and put the close on.

It consisted of a white long sleeve silk shirt that came down lower than my bum. And normal blue skinny jeans. It was simple, and I was surprised I'd get this outfit here.

Three knocks came to the door, I swung around nervously to face the door.

"Wh-who is it," I stuttered, asking a simple question.

I went to go and open the door, but I felt that feeling like I did at the ball.

Before I touched the door knob I retracted my hand.

Then I took a few steps back and sat on the bed. Then the door wildly opened.

No. Not him again. Why? Doesn't the have to find his mate? Isn't he suppose to spend time cherishing her!?

He grinned a toothy grin. His pearly white perfect teeth shown, and his strong jawline. He was physical perfection. Every girls dream mate.

He came closer and then I felt the bond. My eyes widened, my throat closed. I brought up open hands in front of me in a cowering guard as I began to scoot back until I was in the middle of the bed.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, little mate." He spoke. The way he called me 'little mate' it sounded so perfect. So amazing. His voice was so husky and raspy, most likely because it's the morning.

But, he's a blood sucker.

"I prefer vampire. That is a derogatory name. I do not prefer blood sucker." He said in a husky voice.

I stared blankly at him, completely terrified now knowing he could read my mind.

He was awkwardly standing at the end of the bed, until he walked around and grabbed my hand.

Electric sparks shooting up my arm. I yelped in surprise at his comforting touch.

"I have questions, little mate."

"What do you mean?" I whimpered innocently.

"About why you ran." He answered.

"Ran?" I asked. I scratched my head in confusing, but I had a huge bruise and ended up hurting myself. I whimpered in pain. Holding the spot where pain blossomed.

He took my hand and took it off from my hand and placed it at my side gently.

He stood about over six feet tall. And the perfect headline that if I hugged him, I could hear his heartbeat.

"Why did you run, little mate,"He asked me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said honestly.

"Last night, you bumped into me and fell. You ran off in panic. Then you fell down two flights of stone stairs. Why did you run from me? You're mate? Not to mention, the Prince that only has eyes for you." He lectured.

It all came back. The memories. Pouring rain. At least I remembered that it was pouring rain, but I thought I wasn't running.

"I-I'm scared," I replied.

"Of me? I'd never hurt you, little one." He spoke.

"No, of having a mate. Having a bond make my mate and I fall in love." I answered.

"Make you and me fall in love." He elaborated.

"Yes."

"Why are you scared in falling in love with me?" He asked with a straight face, no emotion.

"Because, you're going to mark me, and it's painful. And then I'll turn into a blood sucker." I stated.

"You're afraid of being a vampire?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Why?" He asked.

"Blood. Living forever. All my human friends dying! In front of my very own eyes. I believe in God! I can't live forever! I want to die for my faith. Death is a huge factor, Prince. I can't watch all my loved ones die in front of me." I bowed my head in sadness. Tears threatening to spill.

"Look at me." He commanded softly.

"Hey, look at me." He said more firm, using two fingers to lift my chin so I was looking into his grey eyes.

"I love you. And I always will. I'll take very good care of you, keep you safe and out of harms way. Whatever you're afraid of I can protect you from." He assured.

"You can't keep me safe from depression, isolation with a blood sucker, and eternal 'love' with a superficial mate bond." I snapped, tears spilling, emphasizing love.

I stomped over to the bed, huffed and jumped on it.