7

I was about to walk into the house, but I felt a boundary spell.

"Mama!" I called out.

"Too late for that." I heard someone scoff.

I turned around.

"Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Ethan's, he said you've been very naughty." He smirked.

"Leave me alone." I snapped.

"You mean leave us?" I heard him say, and two others came.

"You are his friends?" I asked shocked.

"Nah, just think as it that way. Vampires, but instead hate him. He turned us. So we are vampires, which we never wanted to be, so we are after him. And to get to him we need you." He explained.

"I don't think so." I lunged at him. Tackling him to the ground. Kicking the one away and snapping the others' neck.

The two both got up, wide eyed.

"You killed him!" He screamed.

He tackled me to the ground, his other companion, grabbed me and they both carried me elsewhere.

•••••••

I woke up in a weird looking cellar. Chained too the wall, chains around my ankles.

I heard him walk down the steps.

"My name is Mark, I have some talking to do. Don't I?"

I nodded. Heavily breathing. He pulled a chair out from the corner and sat down.

"Well, three hundred years ago there was a war. And my mates and I were dying. Ethan and his band of misfits were on our side, and we were all dying." He paused.

"He wanted to turn us," he began again," but we didn't want to be such monstrosities. We disagreed. Some of us shot themselves dead. Some they killed for fighting back. And some of us, he turned. Which would be my mates and I, but one of them u managed to paralyze. Look, if you're trying to snap someone's neck, do it all the way."

I was shocked.

"He did that to you? He never told me, and I thought since we are mates he would." I whispered.

"Oh, there's no such thing as mates for vampires. He's just using you." He spoke.

"That explains everything, the fake love. All the girls, and all along they knew he wanted me. That's why I was different." I put two and two together.

"Who knew?" He asked.

"The dress ballroom people." I answered.

"They were sired by him. His blood doesn't affect my mates and I, because we broke the bond. Only females can be sired forever." He explained.

"So you're the good guy?" I asked. Trying to get into a more comfortable position, but the chains cut my legs. I yelped.

"Easy," he calmed," you feel that other half of you urging you not to feel anything?"

I nodded.

"Don't let it control you. Fight it, win, and keep your humanity. What happened to Ethan, was that he turned the switch. Turned his emotions off. Don't do that, you'll never be able to love." He instructed.

"Will I have a family?" I cried.

"Yes, a vampire family." He explained.

"When will they stop aging," I asked.