My Other Half

Written; October 22, 2015
Chapter 1

     Tears stain my cheeks. Makeup sticks to my face. My own reflection mocks me from across the room.
     "Why him!" I scream, voice cracking, at my mocking other half. "Why did you take him! I needed him!" Down. Down I fall. My knees collapse under me tears fall from my dark amber eyes.
     "Please...." I beg, "give him back." I rock back to sit on my butt. I am swallowed by silence again, as I look at my broken reflection.
     "No!" I scream in terror. "You can't have him!" Pushing myself up from the floor. "You can't take what's mine!" Looking up I see the mocking me with a deep grin, blood droplets as tears drip down her face a knife in one hand, and long cuts down her arms and legs.
     "Just give in Juliet. You're not good." The mirrored me holds up the knife. "Show them. Show everyone. You're not just a child, you will show them." A smile, blood stained teeth, stares at me with courage.
     Approaching the mirror me, one hand out. "Give me him!" My palm hits the wall beside the glass blood splatting on the deep purple wall paper. "Now." My amber eyes rage as I stare down my other half.
     With another wicked grin the mirrored me places the knife at my feet. "Just remember Juliet, nothing absolutely nothing is as it seems."
     With that my fist connects with the mirror. Shattered pieces fall down and around me. "Go to hell!" I growl.