Chapter 9

AN) so I have been really busy but never fear I am going to finally finish this story very soon. I am really trying to finish it this year. So current update one what's going on. I am writing chapter 11 of this and things are heating up between Adrian and Chanel! I expect that this book will only have about 20 or so chapters. This book really won't be long sorry. Anyway let me hear your thoughts please I haven't had comments for a while and I would really like to hear your thoughts on this work. Please vote as well I like to know that people like what I'm doing. 

Thank you so much readers I love you all! 

Lindsey <3

Chapter 9

Chanel

My eye was twitching terribly the whole 15 minutes that we were in the car to get to Malory's house. To say that I was worried about my car was an understatement. What was I thinking letting a guy I barely knew drive my baby around town. And to make things even more unbearable he would not stop talking the entire time. I wanted to get a frying pan and hit him upside the head with it to make him stop talking. None to soon we reached Mal's house.

Mal's parents were loaded but work-a-holics they never spent time with Malory or her older brother Jason who was off to medical school to be like my father, or so he had told me after he went away.

My dad has been there for my best friend's family as much as he has been there for me. I contented myself by thinking of my family and Jason who was way hotter and nicer than Adrian would ever be. A small part of me whispered, "but Jason's not as cute as Adrian." Quickly I quelled that voice and smothered it with pillows.

I tuned in for a second to listen to what he was talking about. Nothing, shocking. No really he was silent.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Just how rude and obnoxious rich people are that's all." He said stiffly.

"Well you don't have to be a hypocrite about it, I've been in your house remember and it is exactly like mine."

"I'm not being a hypocrite, I . . . it doesn't matter. I have nothing to explain to you of all people."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, he said with a familiar smirk on his face."

I glared at him.

"isn't that so helpful" I said sarcastically.

"Aren't you a pompous spoiled little . . . you know what you aren't even worth an insult. Look we're at Malory's and now, and that means that you can go. Malory shouldn't have friends like you. You're just a spoiled little rich girl who could never understand what a girl like that is really like. You might think you know her but you don't. So I am telling you know leave her alone." I sat there stunned for a second. Where had this rush of a bad mood come from. He was pleasant before the car ride and even during it, what had changed?

He pulled into the driveway. After a few tense moments he spoke "Thanks for letting me drive. Remind me to give you a ride on my harley sometime." He handed me the keys. Briefly our hands touched and then he jerked away.

I sat there for a few minutes and I realized that I didn't want to go in there I wanted to go back home and back to bed. I would have to let Mal know that her "emergency" couldn't compete with how I felt and my own problems.

When I got a block away from my house I pulled over and overcome with emotions I cried. He didn't know me and he already judged me on nothing but what he had heard from others. I cried because I knew that deep down he was right. I was everything he said and so I cried.