Key To My Heart. A Seth Clearwater Story; Prologue

Death was suppose to be a quick and painless ride to heaven. It wasn’t nice, it was fierce and truly horrible feeling, a numbing pain after being struck down repeatedly until your body was frozen to the ground.

Your heart starts to beat fast as the clock ticks really slow as it feels like time itself didn’t move forward fast enough. And as your vision starts to fade, you reach a hand out to try and claim your life back as it slips by in a mocking rhythm. You can’t reach it, for it is too far gone.

The pain comes back in those last moments, you can’t see the beautiful things surrounding you. You can’t see anything but the blurring lights and the creeping fog that starts at your toes, rendering everything useless and crawls like a predator up your body, reaching your fingers, your shoulders, your heart and then slowly it starts to darken your eyes so everything is black, and dark. And that’s when you know, you have to accept death.

There is no going back, for death has chosen you.

And even if you want to, you cannot wish to see him once more. Because you are leaving, leaving everything behind and you begin to drift away, hearing his soft voice in your ear, and as much as you want to open your eyes to meet his brown iris one final time, you can’t.

Because your finally gone, and everything you knew fades away to an empty blackness.