Chapter 6. Unexpected visit

* I woke up, I could hear someone rustle down stairs, in the kitchen. ‘’Not a good idea to look at it, Scarlett. It could be something dangerous. But then again, if it is something dangerous, I should maybe wake Uncle Sam and Aunt Emily, yeah, that I’ll do.‘’ I thought to myself.

I slowly got out of bed, and crept quietly down the stairs. I reached Sam and Emily’s room, knocked as quietly as I could, and then entered. I got surprised to see that no one was there. I looked around, “Sam, Emily?” I whispered. No one answered, it was all quiet, except the creepy rustling in the kitchen.

‘’Maybe it’s just Sam and Emily, maybe they were a bit hungry‘’ I thought to myself. I went slowly down to the kitchen, there was a person, but it wasn’t Emily nor was it Sam.

“Mom?” I asked, the person turned. It was my mom! I ran down and hugged her. “Mom! I can’t believe you are here!” My eyes started watering, “Scarlett, how are you?” My mom said smiling, I smiled too, “oh, you know, I just got…” I stopped smiling. “Got what baby?” She asked, I looked at her, and then pushed her away. “What is it baby? Is something wrong?” She asked, worry in her eyes.

“You are not my mom,” I half whispered, tears in my eyes. She looked like she didn’t understand, “What do you mean, Scarlett?”

“My mom died 3 years ago,” a tear slipped while I said that. Her face expression changed, “You’re right, Scarlett! I am dead, this is nothing but a hallucination!” Then she laughed like a manic, I stepped back and then she disappeared. I was breathing hard, I sat down on a chair and cried. I kept crying.

“There, there, Scar.” I could feel a hand brushing my back soothingly, the only thing was, it wasn’t soothing at all. I recognized the voice, turned and looked straight into the eyes of, Alec from the Volturi.

“W-What are you doing here?” I asked, shaking slightly. “Oh, Scarlett, I’m here to make you feel a lot better.” Alec said, he pulled me up and in a second we were in my room. He laid me under the covers, “just sleep my dear, then everything is gonna be alright.” Then he disappeared.*

I woke up bathed in sweat, shaking. ‘’It was just a dream, Scarlett, just a dream‘’ I thought to myself. ‘’But just to check‘’ I thought, making my way to the window in the little room. There was a note.

Dear Scarlett

I enjoyed our little conversation this night. I’m looking forward to do it again.

Love, Alec.

I started shaking, it wasn’t just a dream, mom had been here, impossible enough. But far more important, Alec had been here.