Blackout

Once you make a mistake,

                          It's your job to take the sin back,

                   But what if you don't want to take it back?

                  What if you go crazy just looking at this sin?

              What if this sin is the only thing important to you?

                              What if your in love that sin?

                                  What do you do then?

**

"Melony, could you get the mail, please?" I heard my mother yell from down stairs. "Thanks." She called a while later.

 I didn't even say I'd do it. She just assumes it. Why can't she go and get it? I slowly, unwillingly, got up and walked downstairs to the front door.

I walked out, barefooted, to the white mailbox. My robe was light pink and silk and it went just above my knees.

It was chilly so I was shivering while I opened up my mailbox. I sorted through my mom's mail and mine. I didn't notice someone walk up next to me though.

"Hey, I'm Cody." A voice said. I looked up to see a cute boy around a few years older than me, possibly 20. He had shaggy light brown hair with tanned skin.

He wore faded blue Hollister jeans and a checkered button up that was not buttoned and only went up to his elbows. His undershirt was a simple white beater. He looked like the boy you could fall head over heels for.

"Hey." I mumbled then walked toward the front door.

"Hey, I know I don't know you that well but i've seen you around, you think you'd be into hanging out sometime?" He asked. I turned to face him.

"Yeah, maybe." If my psycho mom will let me date any guy who's older than me. I added bitterly in my head.

He nodded his head and smiled, this lopsided grin that could make a girl melt.

"So what's your name?" He continued to try and make conversation.

"Something you will not know." I joked. He laughed I was just about to say my name when he talked.

"Im kidding, I know your name." He said smoothly.

"Oh?" I asked him, mockingly. He laughed then ran a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, my younger brother goes to school with you though." He said. My eyebrows perked up.

"Really, what's his name?" I asked, seeing if I knew him. He licked his full lips then answered me.

"Bryan Graham." He said, keeping eye contact. I looked at him hard and only flinched a little when I heard the name. Bryan Graham was the boy who everyone knew but didn't talk to, The boy everyone would talk about, yet only know the rumors about him.

He was also the boy who I lost my virginity to in 9th grade. He's the same age as me. We never talked after that night. He just looked at me and smiled, like a secret we could share. I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, I know him." I said casually, as if he was an old friend of mine. Cody laughed hard.

"Of course you know him, I think you even know him better than most people." He said smirking, then turned on his heel to leave me standing there in utter shock. He told someone. Bryan had told?

I stomed into the house. Why would he tell? Couldn't he keep his mouth shut? Isn't that what he did at school all the time?

"Honey, did you get my mail?" My mom asked, snapping me into reality.

"Huh, oh...I mean yeah." I said handing her the mail. I slowly walked upstairs, still in my trance. I decided I'll ask him tomorrow, when school starts.

Until then, I'll forget about it. I told myself. I grabbed my cell. It rang three times before she picked up.

"Manny?" I asked.

"What's up bitch?" She asked casually.

"Nothing. So what's going on?" I asked while fixing my bedsheets.

"Dimitri's throwing a party." She said while moving something in the background.

"Alright, so are we going?" I asked her. It was silent.

"What?" I asked her cautiously.

"Well....I kind of met someone..." She whispered into the phone.

"He is there isn't he?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we were going to go eat and hang out." she said apologetically.

"It's fine, I'll just go with Shana." I told her.

"Alright...well I gu--Shit he's coming out of the bathroom got to go!" She said in a rush, then the line went dead. I sighed then hung up.

*

"Hurry your ass up!" Shana said impatiently.

"Alright geez." I said, quickly smacking my lips with gloss. She sighed when she saw me.

"What, my jeans look ugly?" I asked her, panic in my voice. She shook her head.

"Chill, you look hot." She said. "Now let's go."

When we pulled up to the house, it was blasting "Last Friday Night". Shana cheered and danced her hips all the way to the front door.

 We walked into the house and it smelled of perfume, body odor, and sweat. I scrunched my nose and told Shana I had to go to the bathroom. I walked the carpeted steps to the hallway bathroom and saw a line to it. I sighed and just decided to go into a room with a vanity. It was dark so I turned the light on. I wasn't surprised to see a couple making out on the bed either.

"Get out, I need privacy." I said. they got up drunkenly and grumbled some swear words. I closed the door and checked my make-up in the vanity mirror. Someone opened the door and I was ready to tell the to get out but the lights turned off.

"What the-" My words cut off as my mouth was covered with hands. I screamed into the hand and tried to bite but couldn't. Was this really happening to me? Oh gosh. I quickly tried to wrestle out but it was useless. My knees jerked and with the back of my heel I managed to kick him in the groin.