Regret

Authors Note: This is just a quick story I wrote in a couple of minutes.  Feedback would be appreciated. 

    The buzz of a crowded room was droned out, becoming a faint murky whisper. The piercing noise of pure laughter only caused her head to throb. Everyone around her seemed to be having the time of their lives but she was feeling as if nobody noticed or cared about her. She just stood there alone in the crowd of people, staring absently at the tiles on the floor. Hot tears threatened to spill from her eyes but she tried, with all of her willpower to hold them back. One rebellious tear strayed from her eye, rolled down her cheek, and dripped off her chin. The one tear caused more to be brave and soon, a ball was in her throat as she lost her battle with the tears. They streamed down, causing gasping sounds to come from her throat. Soon, the murky whisper of voices became non-existent as all eyes were on her. People tried to come up and console her, but didn't they understand that she just wanted to be left alone? She didn't crave human attention, she so wanted to have the hum of voices paying no attention to her as she hid in the crowd. As nice as the people were trying to be, she just wanted to be god damn left alone. No matter how many times she told them that, they still came up to her. She had enough, she ran away, not caring how embarrassing it was that all of her peers were watching her. She just kept running, the tears softly flowing down her broken face. The girl kept running, running until she was outside in the pouring rain, until she couldn't run anymore. At last, she stopped to see where she was. The building she was just in was a dot in the distance. But now there was a new silence fixated on her. She wasn't sure where but she could feel eyes on her and she knew she was in danger. Now, she wished she had accepted the comfort of her peers, but it was too late.