Five - The Monsters Before Me

The party was a full house. The Raichands must be well known. I started doubting the society in which they were associating. I sat alone by the patio doors away from the hustle and bustle staring at the full moon."Hello! " A voice startled me.I turned to see a dashing young gent, I placed my glass on the coffee table and raised my hand to place in his to greet him. Before I spoke - he huskily spoke again "The name's Kitty sweet kitty".Again before I answered another voice replied to him. "Bhabi - your Bhabi - she is". Abhay emerged from behind him. The light from the moon luminated exactly where Abhay stood shading him in with different shades of colour - dark, light and grey. Abhay Riachand was dashing in any and every light. Momentarily I completely forgot Sweet Kitty was standing between us.Abhay raised his brow at me and then placed himself between me and the stranger facing him.. like a lion protecting his territory. Then just as a true lion he also marked his territory by spilling his vine over the other mans shoes. Sweet Kitty looked annoyed but after painting a fake smile over his handsome face he left the scene.Slowely abhay turned to face me, my heart melted under the scorching heat of his beauty. My heart started running a marathon as he neared. My chest heaved with every step he took forward gazing into the depths of my eyes. I raised myself from the chair almost like I was on auto pilot - ready and prepared to embrace him with open arms. Abhay continued forward ... slowely... creeping, and just then he rotated his footsteps towards the open patio doors and dissapeared into the darkness. I jolted back to reality.. what am I doing.. thinking.. how could I even think of embracing such a man. Chi Pia!The daughter of the party's host Princess Xeelan took a seat beside me. " Mrs Pia Abhay Raichand.. Right!"Glad of some company I welcomed her presence with a warm smile and a silent nod. I was wary of who may be what at this party however.Princess Xeelan rolled her eyes over me, I felt intimidated as though I was a tiny piece of fungus under the scrutiny of a calculating scientist with a microscope. Secondly I was in awe of Princess Xeelan's beauty -Was it natural ? I wondered.She parted her lips to say something then stopped as though she wanted to chew ion her words before she delievered them. " Abbhhayy" She stretched his name as though she was savouring it's flavour. " Abbhhayy - so Pia do you consider yourself lucky Pia to have bagged the best guy in the universe?" She snapped.I was shocked at her direct question, "Ecstatic !" I replied. She threw a daggering look at me, I almost felt injured. Abhay strolled back in. Princess Xeelan eyes revealed a twinkle in her eye. She bounced off from the couch and ambled towards him and greeted him by placing her hands around his waist and planting a slow kiss tenderly on his jawline. Through every moment of this commotion Abhay didn't lift his eyes of me. Princess Xeelan turned her head in my direction and chirped "Oh Pia - You have no idea!",Abhay placed his hands over hers and released their grip of his suit jacket. "Xeelan you're drunk.. totally Talli". He slipped his hand around her waist and walked away with her, without looking at me at all.I hate Abhay - But why did I feel daggers of jealousy stabbing at my heart with their full jagged sharpness? Why did I want to hit my backhand across Xeelan's face when she kissed my husband? I know Abhay doesn't feel anything for me - But then why do I care?When Abhay distanced Sweet Kitty away from me - was he feeling the same pangs of jealousy?My mind was spirralling thoughts uncontrollably. I needed a drink and made my way over to the bar."Pia" A hand grasped my shoulder tightly. I turned to face Abhay's mom Haseena Raichand. A pretty, slim and tall lady, elegant in style and speech. Her voice was husky and almost a whisper.. as though every sentence of hers carried a secret. "No Pia.. This party is a formality and not an excuse for you to get drunk. We don't want any consequences of drunk actions now do we?". Her whisper was intimidating enough to send shivers down my spine. As I backed away and stumbled into something. Panicked I zoomed a 180 degrees turn to face Abhay's dad Chand Raichand. Now I was petrified - and Chand was aware. He grabbed my wrist tightly and carried on squeezing it until I almost wanted to yell. His face was a menace. LUCKILY Abhay served to my rescue, "Dad - not now and not here". I was shocked at his words. He grabbed my hand and led me outside the mansion, he was cool, calm and collected. But my relief was short lived when I saw him taking a deep sigh. "I gave you clear instructions - NO DRINKING, but why do you have to be stupied?" He sounded cold and angry and his hand grasped mine harder like he wanted to break every bone in it. "Let me go please, you're hurting me Abhay" I pleaded. "Huh! I haven't even started to hurt you yet Pia, but when the time comes - you'll learn". He said grasping my shoulders with his strong hands. He then lifted one hand behind my back towards the back of my neck and held it tightly drawing my face near his. For a minute I thought he was overcome with passion and will kiss me, But he only stared at me menacingly whilst his grip tightened. I felt like a rag doll at the mercy of his evil intentions. "Why are you hurting me like this Abahy, what did I ever do to you. Why are you doing this... and why me?". I asked - but knew he'd not answer."Get Lost, Go, Get lost! Before I - KILL - YOU". He let go of me thowing me away from himself. I tripped over spraining my ankle. The adrenaline was rushing 100 miles per hour through my entire body and the pain in my ankle was unbearable. But I was not willing to chance my life and limped away from Abhay as fast as I could, with tears running down my face. The rain started pouring down in gallons, but I felt scared to go back inside - I was emotionally crippled and alone. I decided to stay out in the rain until the party packed in.So Dear Diary this is the what happened last night at the party I'm surprised to find myself alive on many of the mornings, each day feels like a new lease of life and by night it feels like I'm running on borrowed time.Something really weird happened last night. After I'd gone to sleep with immense pain from the sprain, Abhay sat at the edge of the bed. He slowely lifted the covers off my feet. I WOKE UP - But I didn't reveal so, I kept quiet and prayed for my safety. He took by sprained foot into his hands and began stroking it and later planted a kiss on the affected area.And the miraculous thing is - that today I feel no physical pain from that AT ALL.