Six - The Psycho's Arrive

Dear Diary remember I advised you about Pinky's farewell party after which Abhay came to Nisha and my rescue in our late hour of need.

The next day, I found Nisha engrossed in some study behind her laptop.

"What you doing Nish?" I enquired plodding myself on the other end of the bed.

"I'm looking for a good lawyer". She replied without looking up.

"Great so you finally decided to divorce your family?" I teased.

"No stupid! Abhay Raichand!" She spat.

I felt rather confused ' "You're divorcing Abhay Raichand?" I knew that was a stupid question.

"Pia you need a labotomy! Seriously dude, I'm going to file a law suit against him for whiplash injuries", affirmed Nisha.

I felt a bolt of rage take over "So it's Abhay's fault that you were riding without a belt and challenging him to take Schumacher' speed!" I alleged.

"Pia!" A voice called out for me. "Phone for you", mom cried. I was saved by the bell.

I was pleasantly surprised at hearing Abhay's voice on the other side. I was almost about to reveal Nisha's law suit plan. "Hi Pia, I was considering giving you a lift to college ' if you want", asked Abhay.

"Ya sure, if that's okay with you, seeing that Nisha is in a foul mood". I made an excuse to cloak my desperateness to go with him.

"It's really kind ...", Abhay cut me off midway.

"Right 5 mins then- be ready". And the phone rang out a dead tone after that.

I quickly sneaked out and waited outside. Abhay's car rolled in at full speed as though he was driving down a highway rather than our front gates. He stopped just before he ran me over and stepped out to open the passenger side door for me. Uff one minute he could almost grind me under the tyres into nothingness and the next minute he could be a total gent. Abhay was a puzzle ' not just one that you put together but one where you'd have to hunt and collect the pieces first before assembling it.

Abhay kept a upright stance and his handsome face was covered by a pair of designer shades, which perfectly high lighted his cheekbones. I often wondered whether his beauty increased with each passing day. "Pia ' is your Dad's business hitting low financially?" He asked quite genuinely whilst staring steadily towards our mansion. "No why.. ? Unless you know something I don't". I tried to laugh it off. "No big deal.. Just thought it might've been a possible excuse, why you wear clothes which look like the bottom half is missing". He teased with a sly smirk- with his eyes slowely rolling over my bare legs. "Ha! Well I could almost think that you are training for a Bodyguard job ' You know with the black clothes and all." I teased back matching his smirk.

The rest of the journey, there was hardly any conversation between us, I quickly found out ' Abhay didn't like questions and answers round. I asked him three questions and he replied to all three with utter ignorant silence.

Abhay slammed the brakes on again, I practically jolted in my seat and held onto the dashboard. There was a crowd causing a jam ahead of us blocking the access to go any further. A song rang in my head "Hum tum ek gadi mein bandh ho... aur rasta bandh ho jaye". This was supposed to be a dreamy moment.. only it wasn't due to the rude interference and screeching sounds from a young female outside.