0 ; 8

luke and michael were at the new arcade that michael had begged luke to come to. it had only opened a week ago and michael had been wanting to go since it was first announced, but never had someone to go with since all of his friends preferred partying over gaming. michael was currently playing pac man, it was one if his favourites because it was an original arcade games.
"fuck yeah!" he yelled out when the words high score flashed on the screen in front of him.
"you bastard," luke said jokingly
"i'm the arcade master," michael laughed.
"come on! i've beat you at so many of them," luke said in defence
"you wish!"

a.n. idk what this was but just roll with it

++

michael was sitting in his room plucking random chords on his old acoustic guitar that was once his fathers when his phone vibrated. he picked it up and checked the caller id, it was calum. michael sighed and then hesitantly answered the call.
"hello?"
"hey, it's calum."
"yeah i know. i checked the caller id."
"oh," calum nervously laughed.
"sooo, what's up?" michael asked awkwardly.
"i- uh just wanted to say sorry."
"for what?"
"for letting my- our friends spread rumours about you. it wasn't nice and i shouldn't treat you like that."
"cal, it's fine."
"you sure?"
"yes! you're my best friend and i know you wouldn't purposely hurt me."
"thanks, we hanging out at school tomorrow?"
"yeah, of course."
"sweet. well, see ya nerd."
"bye loser."