Chapter 11

Well, here's chapter 11 everyone. I had a major case of writer's block, so sorry if this sucks... Enjoy anyway my fellow readers! Vote, comment and follow if you want!

Nico
I hear Ary's words, "Of course, you're the one who led me here, you're going to help me through." and I just suddenly froze. I never would have thought she would have chosen me to go along with her. I cast a small smile, turning to Rachel already busily painting a stormy sky, a single silver star the centerfold.
"Good luck," she calls to us as paint slithers into her hair. "Be safe and best of fortune."
"We'll try our best." I call as we descend the stairs, Ary and I discussing plans for action. She nods to me and looks at me. I'm not understanding my thoughts entirely as I only voice half of them to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, Percy, Annabeth, Frank and I stare at Ary, all of our gear packed, I realize this is our chance for freedom... and revenge. I see Silver shaking slightly, her bow quivering in her hand as it betrays her calm demeanor. I stride up beside her, clutching her other hand.
"Don't worry, we will find your brother and sister.... We'll even kick some monster butt while we're at it. We will show Gaea who's boss." She gives a small smile.
"Thank you." She turns toward our assembled group, addressing all of us now and gives my hand a squeeze before she drops it, Percy, Annabeth and Hazel glancing at our clasped fingers as they separate. "I've never led a quest before, but looking at all of you I'm confident we can do this. We need to believe in ourselves and each other. Now, we all need to get our gear onto the Argo II, and we'll set sail." Everyone nods in approval, murmurs floating through the crowd.
I glance towards Percy and he smiles at me, mouthing an encouraging 'good luck', each of us grabbing our gear and going to respective rooms.
"I see no Coach Hedge this time," Leo comments, Jason elbowing him.
"Don't say his name too loud, his hearing is excellent."
"Good enough to hear me from here?"
"Who knows?" Jason grins, putting his index fingers on his head, pretending to jam Leo as he bleats.
I see Annabeth approaching Ary, talking logistics with her. I slide nearer to catch pieces of their talk on deck, making myself appear busy as I tie down equipment.
"... I had a dream recently. When I first came here Annabeth."
"About?" Annabeth's eyes turn to gaze full force on our newcomer.
"Well,"
I lean in closer to catch her summary, trying to look inconspicuous. " It's more so splices of images really. There were waves pounding against my knees as I stood in the ocean. Nico and Percy stood beside me. Percy was controlling the water, but he was bleeding from scratches on his arms and legs, I have no idea who either of them are fighting against. It looks almost like a seal. A golden sword's in Percy's hand, stained with blood. Nico's Stygian iron blade stabbed into the water as I'm nocking my bow. Nico's body also has the claw marks raked up and down his body."
What could it be that she's dreaming? I think curiously. Telekhines?
"I look down at my own body and there's this silver aura encasing me, my body not having any visible harm or injuries."
"Well, that is a gift from Artemis, that's my guess. It must be her protection. She gives that to her most prized hunters."
I nod, Zoë Nightshade has had that aura around her before. I remember, Bianca showed me that aura.
"The scene shifts again to Percy, Nico and I huddled in a cave, Leo was there, tending the small flames to keep us warm. Percy was holding you Annabeth, as you were shivering in his arms, soaking wet. I see myself coming into the cave's entrance and I plop down beside Nico, my words not coming into play. Then Hazel, Piper, Frank and Jason sit down in between Percy and Nico, watching silently as Leo kept to the flames."
"Sounds to me like you're looking into the future, we'll make a stop in a cave from the sounds of it, and there will be water, probably near the ocean. It's best to be on our guard, keep me updated on your dreams. Those scratches could be from a variety of mythical ocean dwelling creatures."
"I will, I have no other explanation for these splices, hopefully our quest goes well."
"They're visions of some sort, whether they are true or shown through a veil. I'm sure we shall be just fine."
As the conversation stalls, I hook Silv's arm, grabbing her backpack.
"Let's go, your stuff needs to be put up. Before all the good rooms are gone."
Annabeth's cheeks redden, we all remembered what happened last time we were aboard the Argo II. Striding away, Annabeth still rooted in place, I turn to grin at her cheekily.
"What was that about?"
"Stuff, you're too pure for this knowledge."
She swivels her head to glare full force at me, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips. "Come on, don't waste all your time above deck, you may get an unfortunate view of Leo's butt."
"That's something I can live without."