Chapter One

12 years later...

Cassandra's POV

I crossed my long flawless legs as I type on my phone and smirk as I read tons of love messages from my admirers saying they miss me and can't wait to see me today. Oh god, I don't think so. I would be probably out playing with the freshmen. A playful smile escapes my lips at the thought. Don't blame me, it's the teenage hormones.

I was inside the limo on my way to Virago Academy. A prestigious all girls boarding school teaching elementary, secondary and tertiary levels. I was on my senior year now.

I put my sunglasses on as I caught sight of the huge gates. I look up front at the huge building up ahead. It's where the offices, lobby, supply and etc. (everything that pretty much concerns the parents and teachers) are found there.

"Sebastian, after you drop me at the main building. Would you kindly take care of my luggage and bring them to the secondary dorms." I politely said to my driver flashing him a smile as he gives me a nod.

The car skids to a stop in front the Main Building. There were already a lot of students going back and forth. Chatting about their vacation and laughing. Sebastian opens the car door and I slowly put one leg out after the other. As if I was about to walk on the red carpet. I pretty much gained a lot of attention as to the fact that conversations died down just to marvel at my vampiric beauty.

I was about to walk inside the building when someone grabbed me and snake her arms around my waist. "Quit hagging all the attention babe." Stella whispered in a sexy low voice. I shivered, if she wasn't my bestfriend I would have dragged her to the nearest closet or bathroom and bang her brains out. And I immediately knew it was her because of the scent of her blood.

"Shut up, Stella," I said. And she immediately let go of me, laughing. She then handed me a folder. "Here, because I love you so much. And don't mention it," She said with a wink. A smile formed on my lips. It was my class schedule and other papers that I was supposed to get in the main building.

"I guess having the head mistress's snobby little daughter as a friend has it's perks." I said.

"Oh no no darling, it's not for free you're going to owe me for that. So get your sexy ass to the food court cause I'm hungry. And you're treating me to some exclusive French cuisine." She said with a huge smile on her face.

We walked away towards the direction of the food court. It's a huge open land with small stalls and buildings specifically restaurants offering different dishes from around the world.

We entered Ze Kitchen Galerie, the small version of the one that is located in Paris. We sat on one of the chairs by the window. The place was almost pack. Seems like a lot of students like French food. Well, who doesn't.

Anyway, I can't help but once again notice that students were staring, not just at me but at my bestfriend too. She's quite famous herself. She looked like one of those girls who just walked out from the pages of Vogue.

"Bonjour mademoiselle, may I take your order?" a French looking waiter said.

"I'll have a Sardinian malloreddus pasta with a pesto of Thai herbs," Stella quickly said without even looking at the menu. I'm sure she had this all planned out. I eyed her and she just plastered a genuine victory smile.

"I'll just have a grilled monkfish with an aubergine marmelade." I casually said and reached the menu back to the waiter.

Vampires this day don't sustain themselves with just blood. So don't break your head trying to think hard about my diet. We don't burn from sunlight as well, it just irritates us.