Prologue

"Beep."

"Beep."

Yixing squirmed in his bed and reached for his blanket. It was a little chilly in the suite and he had nothing but his boxers on.

"Beep."

He felt all around him but he just could not find his blanket. Strange, did it disappear overnight?

"Beep."

Peeking a little, Yixing saw half his blanket lying on the ground, and the other half at the far end of the bed. That's so far away, he thought. Rubbing his eyes a little, he slowly sat upright. What time is it now?

With much effort, he crawled out of the big fluffy bed, slipped into his bathrobe and bedroom slippers, and walked towards the huge glass windows on the other side of the suite. It is still early, the skies are still dark, and the windows are still glistening with raindrops from the night before.

Yixing stared at the view of the city from the 76th floor. It is rare to see the usual bustling city of Shanghai so peaceful and quiet. What a rare sight indeed, and yet, it looked magnificent.

Still in a daze, Yixing started wondering what was it that woke him up. Was it an insect? A bee? Or did a pigeon fly into his room? A shiver went down his spine at the thought of a small feathery creature with a little pointy beak flying in his room. That would be horrible!

"Beep."

The sound made him turn towards his phone charging on the desk. Is that what woke him up?

"Beep."

Who would send him so many messages early in the morning? Did something happen? An emergency? Curious, he hurried with small steps towards his phone.

'Notifications: "6 unread messages on weibo from stranger"'

From a stranger? Why would I receive messages from strangers?

The first message read: "Mum and Dad just passed away. I'm all alone now."

What...

What does this mean?

...Mum?

...Dad?

No!!

                   ----------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I will update as soon as possible but I still can't be sure when. I will try my best though. Comment below what you think of my story, and how do you hope things will end up to be! I'd gladly take in all your ideas. Thank you for reading!