Part I. Flashing Lights

"Didn't they tell us don't rush into things?" --Taylor Swift

Hyung! I'm tired. 5 more minutes, please," I asked Jin-hyung if I could at least sleep for five more minutes.

''No, you can't sleep for five more minutes, V. It's already 9:30 and we need to be in the studio at 10:00. Do you really want to make Bang PD-nim angry?"

At the mention of Bang PD-nim's name I was jolted awake. I ran out of my bed and took the fastest shower I've ever had in my entire life. As I walked out of the shower, Jungkook was standing outside the door looking at his watch.

"Omo! What are you doing there, maknae? Did you just?" I widened my eyes at him and he seemed to get the idea.

"Gross, Hyung! I wasn't taking a peep at you. I'm not a byuntae," he said while making puking noises. "A new record, Hyung. 46.78 seconds of showering, that has got to be part of the Guinness, its like you didn't even shower at all!" he laughed and slammed the bathroom door in my face.

I know, sometimes I'm gross.

"Shut up, Jungkook. You better hurry too. Jin-Hyung is on Angry Mom mode again."

“I heard that!” Jin-hyung shouted from across the room.

After a few minutes, we were all packed up and ready to go.

"Which music show is it again?" I asked Rapmon-Hyung.

"Music Bank," he answered.

It took us about an hour to fully prepare ourselves for the filming. It was a major feat considering that there are seven of us. We arrived at the studio at half past nine which was 30 minutes earlier than we had to. We were all prepped and was waiting for our production number to be filmed when suddenly a girl with light blonde hair arrived. I couldn't see her face clearly because she was in a hurry. All my members seemed to be enthralled too.

"Who was that?" Jimin interrupted our trance.

"I don't know. Maybe it’s the new emcee." JHope answered. "She seems to be part of a hot new girl group. I forgot what the name was though,"

Oh she's an idol too. Small world huh? I suddenly thought.

"Hey, Tae Hyung. Wipe that creepy smile off your face, you seriously look perverted." Suga punched my arm. “And Jhope stop pretending you don’t know what Girl Group she belongs to. You’re a Girl Group fanboy, of course you know,”

Jhope-Hyung smiled slyly like a thief caught red handed and just shrugged.

"What are you talking about? I wasn't even smiling," I lied of course.

"Of course, you weren't," Jimin smiled knowingly at me. "Seems like our alien right here, is in love,"

"Ohhhhhh!," A chorus of teasing suddenly burst out from all my members.

“V is in love. V is in love. V is in love,”
Aissh! Seriously these kids are annoying!

They were having a good time making fun of me. It only stopped when the PD called us out to inform us that we are up next.

"Focus now, V. You have the love of your life waiting just outside this curtain," Jhope left that heart stuttering note.

"Shut up!" I shouted and all those idiots laughed like crazy.

***
And there she was.

Standing at the emcee's stage with her back facing me. The filming started and I danced my all as "I NEED U" played. When my part came on, I was feeling confident because I know I could pull this off. I was good at it for a while but I had made terrible mistake of looking at her. I wasn't expecting it but she was looking at me. Her big round eyes looked so innocent and alluring at the same time I lost all train of thought. I was momentarily blank. I forgot the choreography and was making all these noticeable mistakes.