Chapter Seven

Author's P.O.V.

Arjun and Megha got out of the car and walked up to the house. The lights were closed which meant everybody was sleeping. Megha felt a sudden relief run through her knowing no one was awake. Arjun opened the door and waited for her to enter. She headed upstairs as he closed the lights and followed behind her. They entered and Arjun closed the door behind.

"Megha, how did you get upstairs?" He asked. Megha's body stiffened. She wasn't looking forward to Arjun's question. She remained quiet and stared down.

"Megha, I'm asking you a question." He took a fee steps towards her.

'Arjun, I left because of you god dammit!' She thought to herself.

"Megha." She grabbed her arm and flung her around so that their bodies were now centimeters away. Their eyes locked until Megha broke the eye contact.

"Arjun... I... It's..." She hesitated. She couldn't tell Arjun she left because he was making her feel uncomfortable and he had hurt her.

"It's what?" He hissed through gritted teeth. Megha's eyes stung with tears again. She looked down as a few tears dropped and rolled down her cheek.

"Oh, so now I'm starting to understand this." Arjun released his grip on her arm. She wiped her tears and looked up at him.

"You went there with Nitin yourself." He smiled, a cruel smile.

"No Arjun! It's-"

"Don't lie to me ok!" He nearly yelled clutching onto her arm tightly and shaking her tiny little body.

"I told you not to go anywhere, right! These things are bound to happen in professional parties like this! I told you to stay with me, but no! For you, it was all Nitin! I saw the way you were dancing with him! He had his hands all over you and you still didn't seem to mind! You must've even gone upstairs with him, but when I flung the door open, you put all the blame on Nitin, isn't it?" Megha shut her eyes close as more tears streamed down her face. Arjun was misunderstanding her really badly and she wasn't being able to take it anymore.

"These fake tears, save them for someone else! Because I am NOT falling for them!" He said, cruelly.

"Arjun! How dare you think of a girl this way? Regardless of how our marriage happened, you cannot brand me like this! I freaking left the party because of you dammit! You were being rude to me, I had gone out to compose myself. Then, Nithin forcefully took me to the room and was assaulting me. know Arjun, I have been putting up with your shitty behaviour towards me in the past few days. You have no sympathy towards anyone. I was raped almost about half an hour ago and here you are telling me it's my fault?" Megha said, the last sentence, sobbing. She couldn't take it anymore. Her life was falling apart.

*****

Megha's P.O.V

I tore away running from the bedroom upstairs to the library of the house. It was my secret haven and I had kept all of my personal things here. I turned on the fireplace and grabbed my big fluffy blanket and warmed myself in front of the fire. Tears streamed down my face. How could Arjun think of me so cheaply? As if I wanted to be raped... I missed my mom, my dad, bhai and Shreya so much.

I walked over to the big mirror next to the fireplace and stared at myself. A ghost stared back at me. My eye makeup was horribly smudged, tracks of mascara running down my face. My lips were swollen from Nitin forcing his lips on mine and I had a bruise on my neck from his lips. There were scratches all over my neck and feet. My sari was about to fall off. My hands had bluish-black rings from where he was holding me down. It hurt as I touched it. I brushed the thought away. Nothing hurt as bad as the pain Arjun was giving me. I walked over to the reclining chair and cuddled myself in.

*****

Arjun's P.O.V.

I paced around the room in stress. I swear, Nitin was going to get more than just what I did to him today. But for now, I had to apologize to Megha. I walked upstairs to the only place I knew she would be at, the Library. Nobody ever used this place, it was just there. My Dadaji was quite fond of books, so this place was constructed for him. But ever since he passed away, nobody went in there, except for Megha.

I turned the doorknob and walked in. She had done a great job of tidying it. I spotted her, curled up in a recliner. Suddenly, I felt horrible for what I did to her. Then I properly looked at her. Her neck had scratches and bruises on her arms. Dammit! How could he, how dare he lay a finger on Megha? Suddenly, I saw Megha's face twist into pure agony.

"Nitin... No... Please, leave me, leave me alone! Arjun! Arjun save me!" She began to scream with her eyes still shut.

I shook her awake.

"Megha, Megha, It's ok! He's not here. He won't come back. I promise." I reassured. She wrapped her arms tightly around my shoulders. They felt so little compared to me.

"Don't leave me Arjun! He... He might come back!" She said, partially awake.

"Shh," I stroked her hair.

"I won't leave you ever Megha. Never." I said. Then, I picked her up, bridal style for the second time today and carried her downstairs to our bedroom. I grabbed the First Aid Kit box from the cabinet and walked towards her. I began wrapping her hands in gauze and applying the ointment on her bruises. Once done, I got up and put the First Aid Kit Box back into the cabinet. I tucked her in bed and turned to walk to the couch when I felt a weak grip on my arm. I looked back and saw Megha shaking her head at me. She didn't want me to go.

I lay down beside her as she gripped my arm tightly. Then she fell asleep, shifting her head on my shoulder. And for the first time in days, I think I slept peacefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know, this chapter is a little shorter than our other ones but there will be more coming up! What did you think of Arjun's change in behavior? Did you feel bad for Megha when Arjun accused her? Please keep voting and commenting and supporting us!

Love from, SandhyaSharma08 and missxghoghx.