Chapter Thirteen

Updated on: 12/10/15
Edited on: 12/10/15
Megha's P.O.V

I stayed quiet for a few seconds fidgeting with my fingers. Arjun sat in front of me, patiently waiting for me to continue.

"You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable." He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I was in high school, freshman year." I spoke, staring down at the table. I felt Arjun's head look up to see me. I sighed before continuing any further.

"I was never the pretty one. That was all di. I was too chubby and short. Boys never gave me a second glance. It was always Priya Di whom they turned and stared at." I gulped as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I had never spoke another this to anyone, but Shreya and here I am now, telling Arjun.

"I eventually met this boy. Neel. When I talked to him, he made me feel like I was perfect. In every way. We became real close friends and slowly, I started having feelings for him." I saw Arjun stiffen a bit as those words came out of my mouth, but I shrugged it off.

"One day, I was walking home when Neel stopped me. He told me that he liked me, more than friends," I paused before continuing any further.

"Me being the one madly in love with him spilled my heart out to him. I told him everything about how much I liked him too. And then he asked me out which I readily agreed to." I smiled as another tear rolled down my eye.

"But that barely lasted for a minute. The next second, all of Neel's friends came out clapping and hooting like hooligans. They all stood around me laughing and giving each other high fives. I glanced to Neel and he was laughing the most. I was left a laughing stock." I shook my head recalling back to seven years ago. I still remembered their laughs, their name calling, everything.

"I asked Neel what was happening. He told me that all of it was just a plan. He and his friends had made a deal about him asking me out. If I said yes, he won. So he was basically only using me for his so called, 'deal.' After that day, I promised to never ever have any liking for any guy. I never told anyone about it, but Shreya because she already knew about everything happening. I knew if I told Kabir Bhai, he'd practically kill Neel and I didn't want that to happen, so, I kept quiet." I shrugged. I looked to Arjun and he was just staring at me. No emotion in his eyes. His face was just blank.

"Megha, despite want anyone every thought of you, I don't care. I won't judge you on your past. It's not the outside what someone looks at, it's the inside. I promise to never be the guy who thus idiot, 'Neel' was." He quotes with his fingers. I couldn't help, but stifle a small giggle.

"Thanks Arjun." He smiled back and nodded.

"Now Mr. Arjun Mehra, shall we leave now? It's pretty late and lemme remind you, you have to go to office tomorrow and I have to go to the hospital."

"Yes, yes Mrs. Mehra, let's go." We got up and headed to the car. We sat down and Arjun reversed the car from the driveway of the Dhaba. I leaned my head on the window and fell asleep within minutes.

* * * * *

Arjun's P.O.V.

I couldn't help, but keep glancing in Megha's direction while driving. She looked so innocent and cute while sleeping, not that I'd ever tell her. My attention diverted from her when some idiot in the back honked at me.