Stranger Things

****This is my first time writing and I am not really sure if I am posting it right so it may never get read, but just incase someone stumbles upon this feel free to comment, my feelings dont hurt easy so feel free to critic!! and then pass it on too someone else! thanks!!

Please vote if you would like to read more!

There was something strange about that night. Not something you could put your finger on, but something in the air. Maybe it was the change of seasons and the full moon, but strange none the less. Thinking back I should have just got in the car and went home, but instead I decided to savor the moment and go for a stroll through the town park, not minding that the street lamps were broken and darkness engulfed the place. I was more caught up in the memories of days past and the exhausting ten year reunion I had just attended, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought the events following that tiny decision would change my life and so many others in this small town. They say ignorance is bliss, and who am I to argue?

Chapter One:

This is it, I cant belive it. Tonight was my ten year high school reunion. How could I possibly walk into the Westington Hotel tonight and see all my peers who now had gotten married,had kids, careers, and country club memberships. I had been dreading this since I recieved that little envelope ,decorated in emerald green and black, our school colors. It sat on my table for a few weeks until my best friend Krystal forced me to open it. Even then I was just going to throw it away, but being the exhausting optimist she is, Krystal, talked me into going.

Reminding me that I was voted most likely to succeed and crowned Homecoming Queen our senior year. At the time I felt better with her uplifting chatter, but now Im seriously thinking about taking her extra key to my house back!

Ok, get yourself together Abs. I mentally bitch smacked myself. I wasnt a complete loser.

No, I never got married and I didnt have children, and maybe I would never drive an SUV with a soccer mom stickers on it, but I did work for the best plastic surgeon in the tri state area, and even though he was a total ass, he payed well. I owned my own home, which wasnt a mansion, but nice. I was involved in many volunteer programs and gave to many charities, my favorite being one that provided shelter, food, and employment to men and women recovering from addiction. I was actually the co founder of the organization, it was my brain child, my baby.

After spending years with my brother, watching him struggle with the demons of addiction which eventually took his life, I decided that there needed to be somewhere for these people. Addiction is a disease, just like diabetes. Although some feel diffrently, my pastor and I felt that we could help these people battling there demons by providing basic care and offering programs to further there education and helping them gain employment as well as offering NA and Aa meetings, That was our mission, and so, THE WELL, was formed and has now been up and running for 5 years. So, I was doing well enough,I told myself. Maybe this wouldnt be too terrible after all.

So, I pulled out my new dress and heels and began the primping process. A perfect fitting black dress and a pair of heels can make a woman feel invincible! I was ready for anything, or so I thought! Boy was I wrong. No amount of prepping couldve prepared me for the events that would follow.