Connection

I guess you all would like to know how this beautiful man that i loved so much became the vicious man I fought earlier in the book. Well, I started noticing the change about two weeks into the marriage. He began drinking a lot. I didnt usually think much of it untill he started yelling and arguing with me constantly.

He drove me into depression. I cut my wrists and never really spoke to anybody. I completely trapped myself.

A few months of abuse, depression, rape, and torture had passed when i began feeling very nauseous. I knew i was pregnant but i didnt tell him... I should have told him.

I named her Delilah. We were going to run away from him and live a nice life with just the gentle grasp of each other's hearts. We were inseparable.

She was only five years old when he killed her. And i swear that man did not leave the room without gashes and wounds. I yelled at him as ice poured from his soul. The fire from my heart extinhuished the brisk licks of the demin's tongue. He hurt me bad. He killed all hope left in me, with the exception of the memory of Delilah. He couldnt take that from me.

I never told the police because I only ran straight into the woods. I blamed the devistating change in my lover's heart on the city. For some reason, i felt like i never was in place in that city: the grocery store felt like a funeral, holidays seemed like gohst towns and people always acted like i was another species. Thought the city wasnt like this in reality, deep down in my bones i felt like it was strung throught my muscles, pirced into my skin, threaded into my bones, and wrapped around my heart. The lies of this city were only existant in my screwed mind for only to be discovered and noticed by me.

And for some strange reasoning, i felt, in the same manner as the lies, that Delilah was still alive. The lies, the crualty, the city, the murder, they all link in some way and the only way to see is to follow this owl. He might know were she is.

I might be able to kill Nathan...