Chapter 1: Luke

February 27 5005
Luke woke up one morning and found his golden retriever by his feet, he called her and she woke up and came to him which she then laid on top of him. He then heard his dad calling for him to get up, he sighed but pushed Lilly off of him and got dressed, he went downstairs to find his dad leaving for work. Luke waved goodbye and sat down to have baked beans on toast, Lilly came a laid by his feet. Once he had finished dinner he locked the house up and then ran towards his school with Lilly following close behind, he looked up to see all the space ships leaving the planet and all the hovering cars above him. He wondered what it would be like if all the cars were on the road instead of hovering, Lilly barked and he turned to see his school, he took Lilly to the dog care shop just outside the school where he said good bye to Lilly. He then walked in the school and went to class. He found Jane his girlfriend and went to his classes with her.  During recess he saw some boys going into the toilets and wondered what was happening, but he didn't think much of it when the soccer ball came to his feet, he kicked it really hard and it hit a teacher. It was the worst teacher in school, he walked up to Luke and pointed at him with his robot arm.
"WAS THAT YOU WHO HIT ME WITH THE BALL" he yelled
Luke often wondered how he lost his arm but replied
"Yes sir"
The teachers gaze then fell on something behind Luke and he turned and ran, Luke turned to see what had shocked him and saw that the school was on fire. Luke looked worried and thought about what he should do, he suddenly thought of Lilly and ran into the burning school. There was heat and flames everywhere but he kept running, when he got out the front door police and firefighters ran to get him to safety, he saw the pet shop was on fire and broke free of the policeman's grip and ran towards it. He ran inside to Lilly's cage and unlocked it, Lilly jumped down and ran outside, Luke then unlocked all the other dogs cages and followed them out. Just as he reached the door he heard a whimper and saw a dog caught on a cage its paw bleeding, Luke ran and picked it up and ran outside he gave the dog to the owners of the shop and searched for Lilly. When he finally found her he remembered that the school was on fire, and ran to go help but police stopped him, he sat watching the school burn down. He then thought of the boys he had seen go into the bathroom, he ran to the closest cop and told him. The policeman told him it was ok and to go wait until the fire was out.