Chapter 2: Luke Runs

When the fire was out he thought of how he left Jane and wanted to see if she was alright, but instead of Jane there was a boy who was very badly burnt, Luke went to him but the boy started laughing.
"That was funny *cough* we.. killed.. her *cough* *cough* we set fire to Jane and cooked her alive....."
Luke thought he was joking and asked if he knew where Jane was, the boy gave him a necklace which had blood on it. Luke saw it was the necklace he had given Jane for her birthday and started punching the boy, and police officer came and pulled Luke away with Lilly following and barking. Jack sat in silence with Lilly by his feet while police kept asking him why he punched the burnt boy which had killed him, Jack suddenly got up and ran. He ran until he couldn't breath. He then walked off with Lilly panting and bumped into a man with a hood over his head.
"What are you doing out here boy?" The man asked
His voice was very deep
"Running from everyone and I'm not going back" Luke replied
"Say how about a job then, hayyyyy? I have a ship and crew but I need someone to wash the decks. We won't be to hard on you boy...... so what do you say boy, in or out?"
Luke thought for a while but in the end decided to go. The man lead Luke to a ship and told everyone this was the cabin boy, the man then went to the wheel and called out orders, the ship started to rise and Luke looked, over the edge and as the ship started to blast away he saw his old house, he turned around and saw Lilly, he had forgotten all about her. He sat down and cuddled with her, after a while the man he had met earlier told him he was the captain and took him down to the galley. The captain left Luke with the cook, Luke asked if there was anything to eat, but he was told no. The cook told Luke to start scrubbing the floor, Luke didn't really want to but did anyway, he called Lilly and pshe came bounding down the stairs and laid down in the soapie water and Luke could tell she wanted a belly rub, but ignored her and scrubbed around her. Lilly kept laying where Luke was trying to wash so he decided to get a spare sponge and play fetch with Lilly, he threw it and Lilly chased after it, when she reached it she bit into it and then dropped it with disgust. Luke got up and picked it up and started scrubbing again, but Lilly kept attacking the sponge. She would bite it, then run in a circle and pounce on it. After two hours of playing eat the sponge, Lilly went to a corner and collapsed in a heap and was soon snoring. Luke went back to washing the floor.