Chapter 21~The Future

ANDI POV:

Luke and I walk around but we still can't find Phillip.

"Hey, do you have powers?" I ask with my idea in my head. "Sorry, no. I'm a guardian." He apologises. "Oh," I frown, and we continue walking. "So," He pauses. "Is this Phillip kid pretty important to you?" Luke wonders. "Yeah, Emma created him so I want to make sure that he's ok." I explain. "Well, he's very lucky." Luke smiles. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Well, if he's important to you, I suspect your important to him. And, he's very lucky to have you in that relation." Luke explains. I secretly smile, knowing that he just confirmed that he kind of likes me. "Wait, what if we went to a library. It probably has records on your friend." Luke suggest. "Yes! That'll work. But where is it?" I wonder. "That's why people have maps." Luke smiles. I roll my eyes and take out my map.

I look through all the names of each building until I stumble across 'Library'. "Here. So, just down the street from us." I spot it and we head straight to it.

-------------

We arrive at a re-furnished, modernised, library and start looking on records of Phillip. Luke checked one half of the room and I did the other. At first, nothing. But after a few more minutes, I find a whole folder filled with papers all about Phillip Van Pelt. "Luke, I found it!" I instantly smile. He races over and I open the folder. I look through old records, records that I experienced in the present, and then I reached the future part of it. I get to the end where I find a piece of paper that says:

Dear Phillips Beloved,
As you know, Phillip Van Pelt visited the 'ZONBIE APOCALYPSE 3' makers. -bla bla bla- But yet, we regret to inform you, -bla bla, wait! Did it just say regret to inform me?- Phillip didn't survive. He was on his way to a pizza store when some bullies wouldn't let him in. He died of starvation.

I look up, pale and paralysed. He. Didn't. Make it? Luke puts his hand on my shoulder. "Andi, I'm sorry." "It's," I pause. "It's ok." I turn and fake smile at him but rush and hide in a closet. "Andi. Andi, I'm so sorry!" Luke keeps calling out for me.

EMMA POV:

I'm walking in the park with Jax when I see, us. "Jax, look." I quietly say to Jax so they, I mean I, or we (time travel is difficult for the English language!) don't hear us. "It's us!" He smiles on delight. We see them walk away from the bench they were sitting on. Jax and I decide to follow them.

-----------

Not long afterwards, we find them walking into a house. We creep up behind a bush and look through the window. We see our future selves walk in. Then some kids run up to them, I think they're saying "Mommy! Daddy!" Our future selves hug them and toss them around in the air. I smile. This is my future, and it's beautiful. I start to tear up. "It's ok Em. Not everyone gets to see their future." I lay my head on his shoulder. "Promise that no matter what happens, we keep this future and allow it to happen?" I ask. "Promise." he replies. I smile.

Then, future us starts talking, and it looks really private. They look out the window that we're looking through. Jax and I duck our heads. We hide behind the bushes. The door opens and we see them walking towards us. Jax and I stand up. "Hi. You must be 19 year old us." Future me starts. "Yes, and how old are you two?" Jax asks. "We're the 32 versions of you." Future Jax answers. "How'd you know we were out here?" I wonder. "Because, when we were 19 we did the same." I give future Emma a confused face. "You must no nothing about time travel?!" Future Emma tries to hide her laugh. "Yeah, and your, I mean our father is Jake Navoa. One of the most powerful wizards in the realm." Future Jax says to Jax. "Time continues. We're only sections of each. If you want to hear more, come in." Future me invites. Jax and I walk inside.