Chapter 1 - Collision

It had been a long day of training for Inuzuka Kiba and his companion, Akamaru. They were both tired and all they wanted to do was go home and relax, but unfortunately, one of the Godaime Hokage's personal ANBU had summoned them to her office. It seemed that something was going on. More than likely, Tsunade-sama simply had a mission for them, and he would just have to accept it and then they could go home.

Currently, they were both heading towards the large, red building, and it was just coming into sight. Since they were just strolling casually, both man and dog got there in a few minutes and walked up the stairs to the level which the Hokage's office was on and stood in front of the door. Kiba knocked respectfully, and heard a firm, female voice from behind the door, permitting him entry.

He turned the door knob and walked in, letting Akamaru come in as well. Akamaru, as usual trotted over to the blonde woman and said a special hello to her, in other words licking her hand until she pet him, which as serious and scary as she could be sometimes, it always managed to at least make her smirk.

Tsunade turned to Kiba after patting the large ninken, who decided to sit down right next to her chair and put his head in her lap.

"Kiba, you have a mission. It's pretty routine, just a simple bodyguard job. I'm sure you've heard of the local singer, Misaki who lives around here, but performs in a large city called Sozoku several hours away." she asked with an upward inflection and continued when he nodded once in confirmation. "Well, she actually lives in Konoha and her manager has asked that we assign her a bodyguard because she was mugged recently and the city she performs in has quite the criminal reputation."

"When do I start?" he asked simply, almost wanting to roll his eyes. He was a jonin ranked shinobi, as of a month after his 20th birthday when he passed the exams with flying colours.

"Tomorrow in the late afternoon. Shouldn't be any problems, but I thought I'd assign you since you haven't been out of the village in a while." Tsunade said, trying desperately to keep a professional attitude while Akamaru was looking up at her, just begging her to pat him. "Here's all the information you need."

He walked up to her desk and took the mission information from her outstretched hand, and thanked her before calling Akamaru and heading out the door. When he got home, to his two bedroom apartment that he'd been living in for some time now, he sat down on the couch after grabbing a cold beer from the fridge, and filling up Akamaru's water bowl, which he noticed was nearly empty.

After reading through the information, he sighed, half glad to get out of the village but half bummed out that he had such a lame mission to do. Misaki was only this woman's stage name, but it didn't say what her real name was anywhere on the mission file. Without thinking much of it, he placed the mission file on his desk in his room and showered.

When he got out of the shower, he looked in the mirror and saw the scar that ran across his chest. The scar he got from fighting against Madara's huge army that he had managed to put together to go up against the largest and strongest force the shinobi world had ever known; The Allied Villages.

Konohagakure, Sunagakure, Iwagakure, Kumogakure, Kirigakure and some of the other smaller hidden villages had all come together in a time of great need and had eventually won the war that had lasted a whole 8 months, and in that time, there was more death, destruction, famine and chaos than in the previous Great Shinobi Wars. Mostly, it was thanks to a single shinobi who had managed to come up with an almost flawless plan and use their jutsu that was some sort of shadow camouflaging technique that allowed her to take down enough enemy shinobi to let an ANBU force that specialised in infiltration behind enemy lines to break through and therefore let the Allied force gain the upper hand.