Chapter: 1

Brooklyn’s POV: “Sh*t, Josh is gonna kill me!” I yell as I look down at my brother’s guitar that has a huge scratch on it. I told Sutton’s brother that he could look at it to see if it’s the same model he wanted to buy at Music Express. I leave her brothers room for 5 minutes and I come back to find it laying on the floor, Suttons 15 year old brother franticly picking it up as I walk into the room. I didn’t tell Josh I was taking his guitar out of the house, he would never let me. Right now I’m driving home in my white Range Rover; he is gonna flip when he sees the scratch on his so called ‘baby’. I really don’t know why he loves that guitar so much, I guess it’s like me with graffiti, I love it. Me and my friends usually go out on the weekends and find the perfect building to do our masterpiece on. I’m not gonna lie, we’ve almost gotten caught before, my parents would ground me for life if they knew what I did.

             I open the gates as I pull into my driveway, I would just paint over the guitar with paint or something, but I figured that the paint would wear away eventually. And then I would have to deal with “Why didn’t you tell me before?! I could have taken it to the shop and fixed it!” or “Brooklyn Riley- Olivia Mercer, you are grounded for not telling your brother the truth before!” *Sigh* It’ll save me the wrath of getting yelled at if I just do it now. I walk up to the guest house that has 3 apartments and go to my brother’s.  “Dear Lord, please don’t let him murder me.” I mumble as I knock on the door, clutching his guitar in my right hand. After about 30 seconds the door opens revealing a very happy looking brother, that is, until he finds out about his guitar.

             “Hey Brooke, mom was ju-“He stops in mid-sentence looking down at the guitar I was holding in my right hand. I look at him with an apologetic look on my face and say “Look Josh before you flip out, I wann-““What. Did. You. Do.” Josh asks. Making it sound more like a statement rather than a question. “I took it over to Sutton’s so her brother could check it out, and I left the room for like 5 minutes and when I came back.” I said looking down at the scratch on the guitar. “I’m really, really, sorry Josh. I know how much you love that guitar, and I shouldn’t have taken it without asking you, I’ll even pay to get it fixed.” He frowns before taking the guitar out of my hands and gently placing it; so it leans against the door frame. “It’s ok.” Josh says. “W-what?” I say VERY confused, making sure I heard him right.  “I said it ok, I mean it’s not like you meant to get it scratched. I’m just glad you told me before hand.” He said giving me a light smile. I breathe a sigh of relieve before giving him a hug. “I thought you were gonna be furious.” “Well I was at first but then I remembered that time I knocked down your sculpture you were building for school, and thought ‘eh, I’ll let it slide’.” He said laughing. “I’m gonna go get some Chinese, you want some?” “Sure.” “Okay, the usual?” He nods in agreement. “K, and I really am sorry about your guitar.” I say as I walk down the stairs to my car. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll just take it to Guitar World and have them fix it.” He says smiling. I get into my car and drive to Panda Express. Man, this is why I love my brother, even though he’s a pain in the a$$ sometimes, he’s just so forgiving. I smile to myself as I drive down the road. Why is it so packed? I question myself as I pull into Panda Express. And of course the clown in front of me took the last parking spot. “Just my luck.” I mumble as I circle around and park next to an ally. I guess I will walk over there. I unbuckle my seatbelt and lock my car. Please don’t get raped, please don’t get raped. I pray to myself as I walk past the dark, creepy, ratchet smelling ally. When I get to Panda Express, I wait, and wait, and wait, until my food is finally ready. I jog back to my car, I’m about to open my door until I hear, a scream? Now I usually don’t go looking down allies, but I was curious. I peak around the corner and see about 5 guys beating a man? No, a woman? I couldn’t really tell, from how much blood there was. I freeze in my tracks not able to move, I didn’t even realize one of the men had spotted me. Before I could do anything, I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and saw a tall man dressed in black. Right when I was turning to run, I felt a cloth being placed over my mouth. Everything went black.