Chapter 3

Second day of school, hope this will be better. As I was walking through the school's entrance I saw a guy jumping the fence. Why would he do that? I mean, the fence is right beside the entrance. He's getting to the same place as I am but making more effort to get there. Well, I took someone else's fault for a crime so I can't say he's a weirdo. When I walked into the classroom I saw the same guy walking in. He looked good, I could say. I mean he wasn't hot but he wasn't ugly either. He was just a blond guy with brown eyes and like 4 inches taller than me.

Later, when I walked outside the cafeteria after lunch I saw a group of students yelling and some others punching each others. It looked like a fight. Finally! Something fun happens! I wanted to have a close view to the fight so I pushed some people around just to get close and see one of the guys fighting was the jumping fence guy, and he wasn't actually winning. If you don't know how to fight why bother fighting? That was exactly Jessica's life. But this guy's face was worst than Jessica's after Georgina's punches, if she was still alive I will recomend him some private classes with her. After seing the poor guy getting all punched up, the principal came in and separated the guys. And the jumping fence guy was send to the nursery's room.

I don't know why but I got the sensation I had to see him. I mean, when I saw him getting beaten up I thought of Jessica. So is normal that I wanted to see him, right? When I enter the nursery's room I saw him fast asleep. Ok Rachel you saw him, now go. I tried to, but he looked so cute sleeping I couldn't help wanting to stay and see him until he gets up. But I shouldn't. That wouldn't be normal. So I tried to walk away from the room without making any noise, until I felt his hand touching my arm and said

Where are you going?

Oh My Gosh! He wasn't asleep! He saw me walk in and saw me staring at him thinking he was asleep!

I-I gotta go - I said nerviously.

So fast? Weren't you waiting for me to get up to tell me something? - he asked.

No...well yeah...I just wanted to ask you if you were okay - I said trying to get my breath back and looking for any excuse for me to be there.

Oh...I'm fine. This happens all the time, is like my way of forgetting of my problems. - he said calmly.

Forgetting of your problems? Being beaten up? - I asked 'cause I actually didn't understand. I mean, Jessica will had done anything to stop Georgina from beating her, but this guy actually wanted to be beaten up just to forget of his problems?

Yeah, if I get beaten up I have an excuse to be hurt and cry. If I wasn't beaten I would be crying for things that wouldn't worth it. - he said.

Oh My God. This guy is actually a weirdo - I thought.

But in some way he had reason of what he was saying. I wanted to say something to comfort him, but nothing came out of my mind and neither of my mouth. We just stayed still looking at each other, like frozen. Until the nurse came in and said he was okay and ready to go.

Okay? Ready to go? - I asked surprised- I mean, look at him he looks like the walking dead!

Thanks for the compliment - he said in a sarcastic tone, while the nurse was giggling out loud.

Oh, I'm sorry. Is just that you don't look that great - I said.

I'm okay. I told you this happens all the time and that I'm used to it - he said calmly again.

Ok, ok, fine. Just let me help you walk out - I said.

Now we were trying to walk down the stairs, with him in that condition. For a moment I actually forgot we didn't know each other's name and that we actually just met. I could say it felt weird, but it didn't. It was like I knew him for months and that everything I was worrying about, Jessica and Georgina's dead, never happened. Like the actual beginning of a new life.