Receiving The Letter

Chapter 1-Receiving The Letter

It was a nice breezy summer morning, which I usually spend laying around waiting for the day I receive my Hogwarts acceptance letters. Today was the day, I Merabeth Lyra Malfoy is going to receive her Hogwarts letter.

“Mer! Mer! MER!” I hear my twin sister scream.

“What? Unless it’s our acc-” I managed to speak out words but,

 Jennyx Lynx Malfoy barged into my bedroom with my acceptance letter.

“OH MY-” that was all that I could say about that beautiful precious letter that went into my room.

“I know you’re thrilled but mom and dad told all of us to open our letters downstairs.” Lynx told me.

But nothing today can ruin this precious moment, I rushed downstairs and sat on top of our dining table waiting for Nyx to catch up.

“MERABETH! Get off the table NOW!” my mom exclaimed.

My dad chuckled, HE CHUCKLED. HOW DARE HE!

I went off the table and jump right at my dad,

Unfortunately I missed my shot and fell flat to the floor, as a result everyone was laughing and Dad with his disgusting weird snorts made them laugh even harder.

“Everyone, come sit on the couch with me please.” Dad said with a little smile (holding back his snorts).

“Okay, today you all received all of your letters, which means you will be going soon.” Dad said informed us information we already knew.

Teardrops start forming in dad’s eyes, which results as weird looks from Nyx, mom and me.

“I just can’t believe you are growing up so quickly…” Dad said between sobs.

“Why don’t we go and OPEN the letters?” I said impatiently.

Nyx nodded in agreement with the biggest grin on her face.

My letter says:

Dear Ms. Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall                                                                                                            

Deputy Headmistress

Well Nyx’s says the same, since we have the same last names (duhh!).

I can’t wait for Diagon Alley.