Nine: A starry night

Sorry folks, this chapter is unedited.

Radhika's POV:

"So, tell me why you are at the Amer Fort again?"

I sigh. "Dev, I've told you a hundred times already. I'm on a show."

"I don't recall you telling me anything about this show", my boyfriend mutters as if deep in thought.

It is taking me all of my energy to not snap at him and shut the phone. "I forgot."

"I have graduated from IIM honey, don't take me for a fool", Dev says. "I know there's something you aren't telling me."

"Dev listen, it's already past 11 pm, and I am really sleepy, I have to get up early tomorrow for a shoot, so gotta go, goodnight", I end the call before he can say another word.

Dev can be quite a handful at times. He gets really over possessive and protective when it comes to me. I don't understand why. I have always been loyal to him.

I had spent the rest of my day wandering around the palace- I was constantly accompanied by two guards. It's as if they are scared that I would vandalise the place. I played badminton in the evening with the twins and Vikram. Vikram and I won ofcourse. I don't like to brag, but I'm good at sports. Tee-hee. And then I discovered that Reehaan's home has a huge library, so I spent two hours until dinner on one of the bean bags in the library with a Sidney Sheldon book. I am a bookworm, and the Royal Library is like my Disneyland. I could spend years together there. Just my books, some food and me. And music too.

Dev calls again, but I cut his call and switch my phone off. I love him, but he needs to know when to back off and give me my space. We have had the same argument a million times still he does not understand my need of space. And he calls himself smart. Yeah, right.

I look out the window. It's dark outside. The lanterns have been lit in the corridors and very few in the garden. And then I'm struck by a brilliant idea. Ofcourse!

Reehaan's POV:

"Dude, you are getting married in two days. The mehendi is tomorrow, sangeet the day after, and the ceremony on the third day!" Vijay exclaims.

"I know my schedule, you moron", I glare at him.

"What are you gonna do?" Aryan asks me. Vijay and Aryan are my childhood best friends. These two jackasses are the only ones who know me inside out.

"I don't know", I sigh, and pinch the bridge of my nose.

We are currently seated inside my room. We could fit an entire house inside my room, it's that big. And it's nothing like a Prince's room should be. It's filled with posters of bikes and cars and my favourite bands. And a secret compartment that my parents know nothing of, is filled with pictures, leaflets, pamphlets of my dreams and aspirations.

"I guess you have no option but to marry Kiara", Aryan says dejectedly.

"You can still run away, I'll take care of everything", says Vijay and Aryan nods frantically.

"And risk you guys being banned from our hometown? No", I shake my head. It's already pounding.

"Are you really going to marry her?" Vijay asks, slowly.

I take in a deep breath. "It's not like I have any other option."

"Why don't you just tell the King and Queen the truth?" Aryan asks.

"They already know that I am not willing to get married, but they want this marriage to happen at any cost. I guess they don't want me to be a burden anymore", I laugh humourlessly.