Ch. 19

Bailey had received two other messages from the unknown number:
You're still with that douchebag?

When will you understand that you are doing the wrong thing?

We are currently sitting on my couch. Today we are attending the Yankees game. Jackson is playing with Scooter like always, and Bailey is watching reruns of SNL with me.
As we sat there I started to wander... Who was Jackson's father? Why didn't Bailey ever mention him.
When the rerun we were watching went off I asked.
"Bailey. Can I ask you something?"
"Of course." She said taking my hand into hers.
"Um.. Who is Jackson's dad, and why don't you.... ever talk about him?"
Her expression changed. "I've never told you..."
I lifted her chin so she was eye level with me. "No."
"Well, his name was Kyle. Kyle Langford. We met at a bar in Times Square. I thought we were meant to be, until that one night," She began to tear up. I moved her body so she was laying against me as I wrapped my arms around her. "He slipped something in my drink and took me to his house. Then he... he raped me. And that's how Jackson came along."
My fists clenched. How could anyone do such a thing. I mean I'm happy that Jackson is here. But, what Kyle did was wrong.
"Jimmy calm down." Bailey held my arm down.
"If I ever see Kyle... I'm gonna beat his ass." I said.
"Jimmy it's okay. Let's just go get this off our minds and go watch some baseball."

...

"I can barely see your eyes." Bailey said.
"That's good. My goal is for noone to recognize me." I pulled my hat a little bit farther down and put on my sunglasses.
She laughed and pulled Jackson out of the car.
I got really good seats. They were right by the Yankees dugout on the closest row to the field. Hopefully the players would throw Jackson a ball.
"Wow." Was all Jackson could say.
I patted his head. "It gets better."
Bailey sat on my left, Jackson on my right. When the players ran onto the field Jackson got really excited.
I put my arm around Bailey. "Your kid is amazing."
"He's yours too." She replied.
I smiled. She was all I needed.

...

"I'm gonna go get some drinks." I told Bailey.
I pulled my hat over my eyes more and went up to one of the concession places.
"Two Miller's please." I said handing the guy a ten.
He pulled out two beers and started to hnd me the change.
"Keep it." I said taking the beers and turning to walk back.
"Wait, Jimmy Fallon,"
I turned back around.
"I know your voice."
I smiled. "Do you want a picture?"
We took a picture. "Nice to see you Mr. Fallon. Your girl is real pretty. When you gonna pop the question?" He said.
"I'm not sure yet bud. But it'll come." I winked and shook his hand.
We said goodbye and I went back to Jackson and Bailey. We sat and enjoyed the game. Jackson got a signed ball from A-Rod. And A-Rod recognized me and got a selfie with me during a break. He was a big fan apparently. Watches the show every night.
Also, Yankees won 4-2.
I have to admit, it was one of the best nights I've had.