Chapter 11: Forever Fall

The last few weeks have been good and bad for us. Bad in the sense that it felt like we had lost a comrade. Jaune, as of late, had been scare at best when we all spent time together. He always showed up at his dorm late and when we did see him, he seemed miserable. We recently discovered what was going on, Jaune was spending all his time with Cardin and his gang. "What the hell!?" Raiden exclaimed when Pyrrah told us. I put my hands on my temples and asked, "Jaune. What the hell are you thinking bro?"

    Yeah, things pretty much sucked in that aspect of life. The only thing that seemed good in my life was this Friday. Maka and I decided to have our first date after school that day, and I was so excited. "So, what do you have planned?" Blair asked one day when we were sitting in the Library. I smirked before I answered, "I got it all planned out. Starting off with a nice dinner at this nice restaurant, my friend's the owner. Then I was thinking, then maybe a walk in the park before we head back here." Blair nodded before saying, "Going all out are we?" I chuckled before answering, "What can I say? I want to get this right." The only difficult about the relationship with Maka was Raiden. We didn't know how he'd react if he found out, so we opted to keep it a secret for now.

    One night, Maka and I were hanging out with Team RWBY at their dorm so we could study for Dr. Oobleck's class. After we finished up, Weiss looked at me and asked, "So, Atem, how are things with your family now?" I smiled and replied, "Things are great. I never realized how much fun it is having a little sister." Yang put her arm around Ruby and said, "Yeah, tell me about it."

    "So, what kind of stuff does your Sister like?" Blake asked. "Well, She likes to read books a lot, and she's pretty good as a Bassist. I borrowed Raiden's Guitar last week when it was family day and we jammed out for a couple hours." They all nodded and said that was cool. "Well, It's getting late, we should probably head back." I said standing up. We said our goodbyes then made our way back to our dorm. As we walked out of RWBY'S dorm, we ran into Jaune in the hallway. "Oh. Hey you two." He said sheepishly.

   "Hey, Jaune. What's up?" I asked, with slight concern in my voice. "We haven't seen much of you lately, we're getting kinda worried." Maka said. Jaune held his hands up and said, "I've just been busy, that's all." I shook my head and coldly responded, "Whatever you say, bro, see ya later." I then took Maka's hand and lead her behind me. "No offense, Hon, but you seem more irritated than concerned with Jaune." Maka said quietly. I stopped and looked at her, "I just don't know what to do. I wish I could help him, but I don't know how."

    Maka put her hand on the side of my face and softly said, "I'm sure we'll find a way soon enough. But let's not fixate on it for now, ok?" I nodded and replied, "Alright. So, you ready for Friday?" I asked putting my arms around her. She blushed a little before answering, "It's all I've been able to think about." I smiled and jokingly said, "You don't seem nervous at all."

      "Well, it is my first official date." She said shyly. I was quiet for a second before saying nervously, "You mean, since you left home right?" She shook head and confirmed the source my apprehension, "No, I literally mean my First Official Date ever." She then looked at me and jokingly said, "Who's nervous now?" I placed a kiss on her forehead before saying, "Not nervous. It's just good to know that the pressures on."

    She shook her head, then kissed my cheek before whispering in my ear, "I'll enjoy whatever you have planned for us." I smiled as I kissed her forehead and said, "Well, let's get to bed. Ok? We have that field trip tomorrow. " Maka nodded, then we walked into the dorm and went to sleep.

    The next morning, we were all woke up early from a loud knock on the door. I rolled out of bed and shuffled to the door then said, "Who is it?" I opened the door to meet an unfamiliar face, a man who looked a little older than me with shoulder length purple hair and violet eyes saying, "Hello, sorry to drop by so early, but I was told a girl named Blair lived here." I nodded and answered through a yawn, "Yeah, she's here. But who are you?" Blair walked up behind me and her eyes widened as she asked, "Cain?"