THE ESCAPE part one

James held his m4 carbine attached with a holographic sight, laser sight and a silencer close to his chest as he ran through the thick and dense forest that separated him and his extraction helicopter, a sleek and futuristic looking ghost black hawk that had a stealth mode and attack mode. In its stealth mode, it would not be detected by the enemy's ground and aircraft radar as the the signal waves would just pass through the body of the ghost black hawk instead of bouncing back to the enemy's base where the bounced back signal would be transmitted to the control tower, alerting them the presence of a aircraft, and if that did not work, it had a small storage compartment that would deploy strips of aluminium that disrupted the signal waves that were sent by the enemy's radar. This technique had been used during world war two when the British wanted to carpet bomb a town in Germany, but due to the withering anti-aircraft gun fire, it made the mission impossible. However, the Americans came up with a solution to deploy strips of aluminium during the bombing mission, and the result was remarkable.

In its attack mode, it was a totally different story, it had under belly machine gun the could fire up to 500 rounds in a minute that was controlled by its co-pilot through his helmet camera that had both thermal imaging and night vision which allowed attacks to be carried out during the day and night. The chopper was also equipped with anti-missile counter-measures which was supposed to shoot a flare in the direction of  the on-coming missile. The gun which shoots the flare was attached to the machine gun that was at the under belly of the black hawk , this allows it to have 360 degree view of its surroundings. The ghost black hawk also has a mini gun attached to both sides that would swerve to the external side of the body of the chopper which allowed greater access to the chopper instead of being hindered by the big gun while entering the chopper. The chopper was also fitted with eight inch armor plating that could stop 50 cal rounds.

   As James crashed through the overgrowth, he could hear distant gun fire in front of him and wondered whether the enemy had reached his chopper faster than him and that he may not have a way out from this terrible place. As he ran, he could hear the whump- whump  sound of the black hawk's rotors getting closer and closer. Then his ear-piece crackled to life.

"This is black thunder to black wolf, where the heck are you?"

James replied. "This is black wolf two, approaching extraction point, ETA two minutes."

"Make it one."

"Roger."

James felt his heart pound against his chest, but this was not his first time running at such speeds. He had done similar running during his days training in the navy seals. James kept on running until he reached a small opening and a loud explosion erupted to his right. Mortars, damn ,James thought.

"Black wolf two, extraction zone is too hot, gotta move out, over." The chopper pilot radioed in.

"Understood, meet at second extract zone, over."

Crap, James thought. The second extraction point was a good 200 meters from the first one, but he kept on going.