Chapter 5

This book will be self-published in December 2024 with limited copies. I will update five chapters first, then continue this story after the books are delivered to the readers who ordered it. Please contact Romarie Dawn Pelomida on Facebook to reserve a copy. Thanks!

"WHERE DID IT all go wrong?" Draven muttered to himself as he stared blankly at the papers scattered across his desk. Although he knows the answers.

The stacks of unfinished reports, requests from his warriors, and endless complaints from his pack blurred before his fatigued eyes. His hand absently toyed with the glass of untouched whiskey on the table. He hadn't eaten in days, and though alcohol usually dulled the edge of his suffering, it barely touched him now.

'It's been months.'

Months since Lirael vanished. It has been months since he was abandoned by his wolf, Kade. He endured months of relentless attacks and restless nights. And he still hadn't found her.

Pagod na pagod siya dahil sa depresyon at mga patong-patong na problema ng pack. Kung maari lamang na maging dalawa ang katawan niya ay marahil nagawa na niya. Nais niya hanapin si Lirael ngunit, nakatali siya sa responsilibildad niya sa pack, kaya naman si Coal at ang mga kasamahan nila ang naghahanap sa dalaga.

'How many more months until I forget her?' The question haunted him, but the answer was clear: Lirael would never leave his thoughts.

Malaki ang panghihinayang niya. Natatakot siya na kapag nakita na niya ang dalaga ay hindi na ito babalik sa kanya. Ang malala pa ay baka hindi niya makitang buhay ang babae.

Sa mga pambugbog natamo nito sa kanya ay malayong hindi mangyari iyon lalo pa at mahina si Lirael dahil sa rejection niya. Hindi niya maramdaman si Lirael dahil siya mismo ang pumutol sa koneksyon nilang dalawa.

Draven stood abruptly, shoving his chair back, the wood scraping harshly against the stone floor. His body ached from weeks of constant fighting in his human form. His wounds took longer to heal without Kade's strength, leaving jagged scars across his skin. His once-proud pack was falling apart, and he was powerless to stop it.

"Sino pa ba ang dapat sisihin?" Aniya sa sarili.

He moved toward the door, craving the cold night air and needing an escape from the suffocating walls of his office. However, as he reached for the door handle, Coal's voice resonated through their mind link.

"Rogues. They're attacking again, Alpha. Eight of them this time."

Draven didn't respond, but he cursed silently in his mind. He didn't need to react. The weight of another battle settled on his already burdened shoulders as he sprinted through the packhouse, his boots thudding heavily against the stone.

"Southeast of our territory, Alpha!" Sabi pa ni Coal sa kanya sa isipan.

Draven immediately ran there, using his own feet. When he arrived at the scene, the chaos was already in full swing. His warriors, led by Coal, fought fiercely, but the rogues were relentless, their feral growls filling the air.

"Damn these mutts!" He growled, echoing throughout the forest.

Draven's eyes scanned the battlefield, taking in the snarling wolves and the blood-soaked ground. His heart raced as he charged forward, his body already aching from the last battle. Without his wolf, every fight became more challenging, and his pace slowed significantly. Too slow.

"Get out of my way!" Draven let out a roar, his Alpha authority booming as he lunged at one of the rogues. But the wolves didn't flinch. They didn't fear him. Not anymore.