Day 3

That last day was horrible. I was thrown into the world's worst scenarios, and each time I died, I was thrown in to something new.

The Holocaust, 9/11, the great depression, multiple plagues and wars etc. it was horrible. But when the last day came and went, I woke up in a strange place. The walls were white, and there was one single light in the small, celled room. The demon was there, smiling.

"You were strong, I'll give you that. But I case you hadn't noticed, the whole thing was an illusion. Memories that couldn't hurt you, physically. But now, you're in the real world," he laughed sickly.

"And now, you're in your own living hell," he promised.

I felt myself shrink, looking around. One glass panel, one way glass, covered one wall. I tried to stand up, but saw that something stopped me. I looked down to see my body wrapped up in a white jacket, my arms pinned to my side. I felt my mouth dry up. I started yanking at the suit roughly.

"No no no no no no no!" I chanted, pleadingly.

When I glanced up, the demon was gone. My world crumbled. The nightmare was supposed to be over after three days!

"No, come back!" I screamed.

"Take my soul! Take it, make it end!" I shrieked, banging my head on the wall.

Suddenly, two men came onto my room.

"Please, please help me," I begged them shamelessly.

They ignored my plea and grabbed me by my forearms, dragging me from the room. Then, they jabbed me in the neck with something sharp, then the lights faded and I fell asleep. But this time, when I fell into the dark, I went to dream land, where everything was normal again.
....

I woke up again on an operation table, my arms and legs tied down and a piece of rubber shoved in my mouth. I looked wide eyed at the doctors and nurses around me, panicked

"Please, I'm not crazy! You don't understand, I swear! It's the demon!" I tried to say, but it only
Came out as muffled, throaty noises.

"On three," the doctor said, as the nurse went to the side, her hand resting on a lever.

"You called?" The demon asked, grinning in the back ground.

I nodded frantically.

"Three," the doctor said.

"Well, what is it? Are you ready to give me your soul?"

"Two."

Again, I nodded, tears streaming down my face. Suddenly, the human face of the demon pealed away and there stood the real monster, cackling and hissing in victory.

"One..." The doctor said, then everything went dark.
.....
I gasped, awake. There I was, in my bedroom, my parents looking at me, worried.

"Oh honey! You're finally awake!" My mother cried, relieved. I looked at her confused.

"You've been asleep since Halloween night!" My father said, gripping my hand.

"But.... What about the hospital?" I asked, eyes looking around the room, frantically.

"We were going to take you tonight if you didn't wake up," mom explained.

I swallowed, my throat dry. Was it all just a bad dream?

"Nope. Sorry honey. This is all real. You work for me now," came a very frightening, very familiar voice, answering my thoughts.

I turned my head to see my demon, the one that now owned my soul. He grinned wickedly at me and I knew that I had been trucked. The mental hospital hadn't been real. I broke down, crying.

"Katherine? Are you ok?" My mom asked, worried.

I shook my head, no, I was not ok.

"What's wrong, honey?" Asked dad.

I just shook my head again, curling up in a ball, and losing myself in my sadness. I no longer lived for myself.

"And as for my first act as your master, I want you to kill your family."