Chapter 1

How my life totally changed

¨Dad! What happened to you?¨ He was covered in blood, sitting against a wall of our tiny cabin, heavily breathing. I ran towards him kneeling beside him. ¨Dad?¨ His eyes were closed but I could tell he was still alive by hearing the pounding sound of his heart. ¨Dad? If you can hear this look me in the eye, please dad.¨I said, more softly this time. He slowly lifted his head towards mine. Then he opened his blue, defeated, eyes. I saw that it took him a lot of effort to open them. ¨My son.¨ He said with a rasping voice ¨You finally came, I have waited for you. You have to know this.¨ He took a deep breath and said ¨We came home early, your mother and I. They were there, members of the Deep Darker Daggers. They were waiting for us. I tried to defend your mother, but I failed. They took her away and left me. Now it's your task to rescue...... her.¨ And with that last word, he slipped away. I hugged him fiercely. Tears streaming down my face. I don't know how long I was there, hugging my dead father, but after a while I saw the sun setting trough the window. I stopped hugging him and I promised myself I would avenge his death and rescue my mother. But first things first, I have to bury my father. After his peaceful life, he deserved a proper burial. So I grabbed a shovel from our closet and dug a hole in our backyard. I dragged my father's lifeless body through our tiny cabin to the backyard. I let him down in the hole carefully. After I had laid him down, I grabbed my shovel and covered up his body with the dirt I just dug up. All of this with tears streaming down my face. I went searching for flowers in the woods and found some roses, which was rare because roses don't usually grow in the wild nature. I returned with my flowers to the churned earth and threw them on it. I had to be strong, I knew that, I had to rescue a mother. As quick as possible. This mourning only gets those members of the Deep Dark thingydingy get further away, with my mother. I first had to order my thoughts. 

So I am Jay, the onliest one left of my family. I once had two brothers, but they were killed by a bear. They were hunting together, while I was making dinner, and they suddenly bounced on a bear. We never saw them again, only some blood and the hair of the bears somewhere in the woods. Well, I am not really the onliest one. I have my cat, Trinyup. But she is gone most of the time. Because that is how cats live, they only show up when they like to. I am 15 years now. I have a half year till my sixteenth birthday, a birthday without a father... I have a bow, so with that I can kill these bastards who killed my father. And I will. I have to, I promised that myself. I have seen them once, those members of the Deep Dark Daggers. Far away, on their black horses in their black robes. They had swords, also black and as  long as my arm. I made sure they didn't see me, they seemed like people you didn't want to mess with. 

So now I had to kill a bunch of those people. Great. ¨Well let's go, search which way those bastards went¨ I said to Trinyup, who suddenly showed up.