Start Up Part 1

START up, drip this on yo beat and now watch me tip up. Run it bitch get done up on yo turf it's nothin. Yo life say fall back and my life said fuck that, my nigga!(get this work...)

I told them that I could do it. I fell a few times and tripped but I kept going. Can't nobody tell me I didn't do what I had to. So let me tell you what happened..

"Hey Carmen how's it going?"
"Hey Angela how you been girl? I say genuinely. 

"Girl I'm doing fine. Bobby dumb ass got locked up again so I don't know what I'm gonna do. I know he not good but the dick too bomb!" She says laughing hysterically.

"Oh girl you is a trip. Chile keep on you gone catch something." I say chuckling.

"Yes hunny.  So what you doing this weekend? How about we go out tonight and have a girl's night? I need to get out the house away from them kids hun I need a vacation!" She says raunchily.

"Yea girl. I have to do just a couple on stationary errands but after that I'm free you want meet at Chanelle's or at B&A? I say questioningly. I would go to Chanelle's but B&A does have better bar snacks.

"How about we go to B&A? Tanya called me and told me they had some new drinks and snacks?" She said hopefully.

"Yea that's fine it don't matter." I say easily. Not that it's a big deal..

"OK girl I'll see you tonight. And ohh Jamie sent over the files you we're wondering about for the Samson household. Its cute." She says dreamily.

"OK girl thanks for that. Meet me in the break room after work." I say slowly walking away.

"OK boo. Ill see you." She says.
"Alright hun."

Thankfully for me I had good taste. Working in this industry you find and see a lot of new people everyday. But I am a very open person so I like meeting new people. Angela is that kinda crazy homegirl you have when you need a night out. Not necessarily the cool, calm, and collected; but fun and spicy.

I have to warn myself that I can be a little fiesty when I get a drink. I try to be the next Olivia Pope when it comes to wine. Haha... See me being here is like me pursuing my dreams, yet falling short of being my best. I told you I have to deal with a lot of people throughout my days and not all are fancy. They a little rude and/or get hostile and mad when we don't offer the same types of styles as other companies. Its irritating personally but I got bank so I just deal. Life just ain't what it used to be. You see I used to be a "tipper" back in the day. A tipper is a person who doesn't necessarily strip, but does do a dance here and there on hype nights. I definitely didn't want to persue an ass shaking career or anything of that matter. I wanted to feel love so good it hurt. Be overwhelmed with all this joy and happiness in life I receive. That is what I am building. I am building an empire for myself. My legacy will go on..

"Todd you are a mess!" I say howling laughing.

"You know it bhoo. If Brandon will not make up his mind, I will not be Todd Michaels." He says defiantly, pouring me another round.

"Boy I know for a fact Brandon will make you his. You just gotta lay it down on him. Give him something he can feel." Angela says drunk as a goose. I was only on round one and didn't seem to feel different. 

"Hunny, BABY, y'all betta' ask y'all boy what dat business is. He of all people know not to play wit me."  He says, Perkily turning his body to serve the next customer.

"You know Brandon love you baby, give him some time. With the big promotion he just got girl, he is scared. But you know he will in due time so wait for him if you love him." I say encouragingly.

"I guess you right baby cakes. He probably just stressed. Ill gone and wait.. I can't leave anyway, I just love him too much."

It all keep rushing at me. "I just love him too much", "wait for him if you love him", give him something he can feel". At that moment I wish I had a husband to go home to. Cook his favorite every week, make breakfast before work, little quickie in the shower. I lusted for that moment. For my time to love my man, my other piece, my one, my whole, my love that I had all to myself.  No one knew I was trying so desperately to find a man. People always saw me as Miss Independent, someone who needed no one but the Lord God. For so loonnnggg I had thought....that I was just.......

"Carmen you hear me?" Angela says promptly.  Damn vodka..

"Huh girl? I was thinking..." I say quietly.

"Girl let's get on this floor and find you a stallion to go home with!" She says loud as he'll over the music.

We make our way and on the way I just jam to the music and feel the beat. They we're playing Must Be Nice by  Lyfe Jennings.  The rhythm fell in my bones and contoured with walk.  Bringing the classics back I see..... I just let the music drown out my day.....

Even when your hustlin' days are gone, she'll be by your side still holding on. Even when those 20's stop spinning and all those gold digging women disappear,  she'll still be here....

Long wait I know. Keep reading and comment plz. Vote and stuff. New chapter coming soon