1

//ok this is like a modern au w teen ff so idk but just you'll catch on//

•••

"You're saying you saw Alex on the basketball court with the populars?"

"Yeah. I did."

"And pretty boy McCarthy?"

"He ran off after a few seconds of trying to get Alex's attention."

"How do you know these people? Aren't you in like... Seventh grade?"

"Actually, I just moved here. I'm in 11th too."

"What's your name?"

"Travelkettle."

"Travelkettle? Can I call you Trav?"

"That's just my Instagram."

"Trying to stay secretive?"

"Exactly."

Paul laughed and turned off his phone flashlight.

"Why were you interrogating me?"

"I just wanted answers."

"Me too."

It was a weird, weird night. Everything past the football field was quiet, dark, and full of kids standing around waiting for nothing. Something has shifted.

"What's your real name, Trav?"

"Bob."

"Cool."

"You?"

"Paul."

"Also cool."

"Wanna work together?"

"Yeah."

There was something extremely anxious in the chilly 9:00 air. The game was almost over and there was an occasional marching band song to remind everyone that nothing was wrong.

But in the woods, there was so much more.

Nick was running, but he didn't know where. All he knew is that he was headed straight for the woods.

"Kiss me, Eleanor. Show him he's not good enough."

And that was all. The woods were even darker than the basketball court, and the occasional marching band songs were slowly starting to fade away.

They were still just as loud behind the bleachers, though.

"There it is, the entire country of Xandinavia." Paul smirked, glaring at the crowd of kids on the basketball court.

"We were friends a while ago. Back in elementary, before I moved, then came back, of course..." Bob sighed, turning back towards the football field.

"We were friends from middle school until... Well, until now."

"People suck."

"Agreed."

There weren't really any emotions for those few short minutes, just bleachers, bands, and pure anger.

Any fleeting thought of disappointment was just replaced by either Paul or Bob saying, "people suck. Alex sucks."

The game ended around 20 minutes later. Alex was supposed to drive Nick home, but he was nowhere around. He had checked the entire school area, but not the woods. Stuff happened in there. Serious stuff. He guessed that Nick probably knew this.

Maybe he just got a ride home.

"Have you seen Nick anywhere?" Alex asked as he ran over to Paul and Bob.