chapter f o u r

| Rewritten |

Demi's POV

I could never imagine going through what Savannah went through. Someone whose suppose to protect you from the bad guys and be your hero, hurting you. All I can really do is be there for her, which I what I'm going to do.

"Talk to me, please."

Savannah takes a deep breath then begins to tell me what happen.

"My mom was a travel and real estate agent. So my dad and I would spend a lot of time together. He went out with his friends one night, when he came back he was drunk. He came into my room, it had to be about one in the morning. When he woke me up I was scared but then I saw it was my dad, so I calmed down a little. I knew he was drunk and he was really angry with me, I tried to calm him down but that just made him even more angry. He made me do things to him. I tried to scream and push him off of me. But he pull out a knife and he cut my stomach, I still have the scar. I kicked him so hard in the stomach he started throwing up. I called my best friend Payson I told her that I was walking to her house. Payson told me to just wait where I was, she's was going to come get me. While I was waiting for Payson, some random guy jumped me. He wanted money, which I didn't have. So after he smacked me around a couple of times, he left. Payson found me and got me to the hospital. I didn't tell my mom about what happened that night but I had to when I found out I was pregnant. My dad was so drunk he didn't even remember what had happened that night. My mom called the police and they arrested my dad. I got an abortion, which physically and mentally killed me. Everyone in my town knew about what happened because it was on the news. My dad went to jail, he got fifteen years. I couldn't deal with the whispers and people starring at me. It got to me a lot, so we moved here to get a fresh start."

"Can I see your scar?"

Savannah nods her head. She sits up and takes off her shirt. I look at her stomach and see the scar starts at the top left of her rib cage and ends at her belly button. I gently run my hand over Sav's scar but she flinches causing me to pull away. I take Sav's arms and see the cuts she's made. On both of her forearms, from her wrist to her elbow. There are some fresh ones that are still kinda red. She tries to pull away but I make my grip tighter.

"Look at me." I gently say but Savannah keeps her head down.
"Look at me." I say with a slightly more stern voice.

Savannah wipes her face then looks into my eyes. I take her hand in mine and lock our fingers.

"I don't know how you feel when it comes to the situation with your Dad, I never will. However, I do know how to help you with your self harm problem."

I roll up my sleeves and show Savannah the scars from years ago, most are faded. My scars are covered with tattoos but you can still see them if you look close enough.

"You want to feel the pain anymore and the only way you know how to cope is by inflicting pain upon yourself. You want control over everything you're feeling but you don't know how to take control of it. Let me help you, because trust me you can't do this alone."

Savannah looks away, then she looks down at my arms. She takes a deep breath and wipes her face once more.

"Okay, where do we start?"

"First thing we do is tell your Mom. Trust me she will want to help. After we talk to your Mom, we get professional help. You need to be ready to get help because nobody can save someone who doesn't want to be saved."

Savannah is nervous and overwhelmed, I can tell by the look on her face. Its the same look I had on my face when my family confronted me.

"Can we just spend right now together and talk about this in the morning? I just want to be with you right now."