Chapter Three

*Vanessa's P.O.V.*

Vanessa : Girl i dont know what it is about him but he jus be giving me chills.

Monique : Nessa dont tell me yall fucked!

Vanessa : Are you retarded? Or are you stupid?

Monique : Im jus fucking with you girl chill out. But here come the new girl.

There was this new girl. She reminded me or myself for some reason. The music i heard her blasting when i walked past her locker was jus so familiar. Almost like Earth, Wind, && Fire. Almost like Musiq Soulchild. I wanted to ask her to what she was listening to.

Vanessa : Aye new girl come here.

Destinee : Hey. I heard the music you were listening to. Glad to know im not the only one that listens to Musiq Soulchild.

Vanessa : *Laughs* Right. So that's what you were listening to earlier when i walked past you?

Destinee : Yeah. the song is called B.U.D.D.Y.

Vanessa : I knew i reconized that song.

Monique : Y'all old folk.

Right after Destinee && i exchanged phones , i opened my eyes (I close my eyes when im really into singing a song). That's when i realized everybody was looking at me. I guess i was singing loud. I took a headphone out && kinda whispered "sorry" . Everybody ran up to me then Brandon walked in.

Vanessa : Aye, yall gon have to back up && chill out. Jus cause im a little bit shy && can sing dont mean yall can just attack my table. it's other folks round here.

Then it was silent. i started laughing && put my headphone back in && resumed my song. Brandon walked up to my table && sat next to Destinee. he took my headphone out like he always does when im in his presence.

Brandon : What was - that - about?

Vanessa : what? everybody coming over here?

Brandon : Yeah. whatchu do ?

Vanessa : I was singing loud && everybody heard me so they ran over boudda do something. I dont know but i stopped them dead in they tracks cause they wasn't just boudda mysteriously start sitting at my table because i know how to sing. So i told them to chill && they got sawty && left so i started laughing. shit was funny.

Brandon : *Laughs* You are a mess. But after school, you tryna chill?

Vanessa : Yeah. I gotta be home before 10 though && i gotta go home && get my baby brother before we leave.

Brandon : We gotta take him? *Makes a pouty face*

Monique : Who else gonna watch him.

Vanessa : Right. *rubs his cheek* You'll survive Donny.

Monique : Aweeee. Y'all cute.

Brandon: Thanks... I guess. *Looks at Vanessa*

Vanessa : Yeah... Thanks.

Monique : Aye, Nessa lemme talk to you in private real quick.

Vanessa : About what ?

I already knew but i wanted Brandon to come have the conversation too because im not the only one that's going to be in the relationship. I do admit that that hug the other day at my house had me thinking that we was together && the conversation confused me && i really wanted to kiss him but i dont know. All of this is just unreal && very hard to believe.

Monique : Girl stuff.

Vanessa : Boy it up then so i dont have to leave my food. *Drinks Sprite*

Monique : Y'all needta stop playing games && be together. Yall got nicknames && act just like a couple just date already.

Then he kissed me. In front of all the girls that like him, all the girls he previously dated, his friends, teachers, lunch aids, man in front of everybody, he kissed me. It was like heaven on earth. i almost started praying. && it was a long kiss too. jesus help me.

Monique : awe shit!

Then Destinee walked in. She looked for me && i saw that there were tears in here eyes. I signaled her over here. She sat down && told me how she was scared for her life at home && her mom is in the hospital. she told me that her dad was abusive && she just wanted to go home && pack some clothes && go somewhere. Then i called my mom && asked her if she could stay at my house until her mom got out of the hospital && my mom said it was cool.

I try my best to help people when they need help because you dont just want to leave people out there in the dust because you might need them in the future then they would be like "oh you didnt help me when i needed help so im not gonna help you". && i know i would be heartbroken if that ever happened to me.

Destinee : *Gives Vanessa a big hug* Thank you so much. I really appreciate this. You're a really good person. *Starts crying*

Vanessa : It's okay. I know i would hate to be at home if the environment at home was like that. You probably cant even focus on doing your homework or studying for tests or anything. It's probably horrible.

Destinee : It really is. I hate my dad so much then my mom is always sick it's just really hard at home.

Monique : She really know how to steal my bestfriend. *Gets up*

Vanessa : Are you serious right now Monique. Im boudda beat yo ass. How tf she stealing me when im trying to be a nice person && help her. You're conceited && selfish && only care about either me or yourself. So, just because youw ouldn't have helped her if she came to you, doesnt mean i shouldnt help her. Cause that's not the typa person i am.

Monique : Whatver. *sits down*

Vanessa : right sit that ass down.

Brandon : You so damn brutally honest when you want to be b-

Vanessa : You was boudda call me bae? Go ahead Donny.

Destinee : Yall make me so happy!

Monique : Right!

Brandon : Thanks. This my baby.

Vanessa : && he my Donny Pooh.

Man that day was the best day ever.