Declaration Day

"Hey, it's declared!" Karan screamed coming towards us in the library, breathing heavily. Every eye in the library turned towards Karan and us.

"What? That you're the most stupid person of this college?"

"Haha... No, his face says that a tiger entered in our city and the government has declared that he has to fight and defeat the tiger."

"Shut up Atiksh! Our result is out."

"What??? Let's go Arnika."

Jianna rushed towards the notice board, we too followed her. All students were hovering over the notice board, some were happy to see their results, some were sad, while some were still struggling to see their result in the crowd, just like us.

Jianna somehow managed to reach the notice board, reason being, her charming beauty, which made heads turn towards her face, leaving everything. There's a strange air of mystery about her beauty and her graceful smile, which force not only boys but even girls, to give her a second glance.

"Wowww.... 89.78%. I stood 2nd." Jianna blurted out excitedly.

Arnika scored 76%, Karan was at 64% and me; 45% with ATKT in two subjects. But I was happy to see my economics marks, without any cheating. And I was not worried about the ATKT.

But, Jianna was very sad for me. Even Karan was quite worried about his mom's lecture. She had given him a target of 70%.

"God, thode aur percent de dete, toh aapko thodi kam pad jate."

"Karan, aisa nhi hota hai. Look, our success is proportionate to our desire. And, we can't desire more than what we deserve. You know very well, how much you studied."

"Yes Jianna! Correct." Arnika answered.

"But mom will kill me by her boring and useless lecture."

"Well, all the best for that." Arnika giggled.

"And I'm not happy with your grades, Mr. Sarkar." Jianna said vaguely.

"It's fine yaar. I'm satisfied with 45%."

"Great!"

Jianna didn't say anything further and went. I knew the reason for her behavior. She had tried very hard explaining the entire syllabus, still I didn't care. She was upset with me. We went home with some mixed emotions. The other part of this drama was waiting at home.

Jianna's parents were very happy on their daughter's achievement. Even Arnika's parents were very happy. It was implied.

Back at Karan's home, scene was quite different. He narrated me on phone how his mom was torturing him on the name of his cousins- Kavya and Rishab. His cousins were studying engineering and doctorate, while he chose commerce stream. Her mother was very angry on this decision as now she couldn't flaunt in front of her relatives and kitty party friends. Luckily, my mom was simple lady and didn't like such so-called high profile life-style.

Anyways, we were talking about Karan's condition. He was trying to cool down her mother; by convincing that, he will score better marks in the next semester.

I don't understand why these parents always try to compare their kids with others. Can't they be happy with their own children?

Well, now it was my turn.

Mr. Rajat Sarkar was shouting at me, like hell. Mom was quiet, of course upset with me. He ordered me to attend office from the next day; else, he would cancel all my credit cards and close my bank accounts. I didn't show any interest in his words and was busy with my cell phone. He furiously got up and went away.

I too went to my room and texted Jianna.

"Congrats Princess! I am very sorry; I know I hurt you today. I promise that I'll work hard for the next semester. Please give me one more chance."

Her reply came after twenty minutes.

"It's good that you realized that. Chance given. All the best ☺."

I was happy with her reply and slept with a smile on my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How's you all doing?

How's the story going???? Please support me with your votes and comments.

If any betterment required, do let me know.