Perfect

"And I bet she has it all, bet she's beautiful like you, like you. And I bet she's got that touch makes you fall in love like you like you... I can taste her lipstick and see her laying across your chest. I can feel the distance every time you remember her fingertips, maybe I should be more like her. Maybe I should be more like her. Ay.... She's perfect."

How can I compete?

All along, I knew it was him.

He was there.

So was she;

She had him before I did, that was sure. She had him so long: years maybe.

And now, she didn't have him.

But she still did.
In his mind, it was all about her. She consumed his every little thought, she had him wrapped around her finger.

But it wasn't like that. She loved him just as much as everybody else did, maybe more. She wasn't playing games with him.

Maybe that was why she was so heartbroken when they split.

But they still looked at each other like it never happened and for me, well, shit.

It hurt.
Because the way I looked at him was the way she looked at him and the way I wanted to be looked at was the way he was looking at her.
How could I compete with that?

-----
But still, he gives me chills when he tells me how beautiful I am. How can I forget that?

And the way he waits for me everyday even in the rain, I want him to know that I love him for that.

And I remember the day that he told me he loved me and I remember that I didn't say it back.

I remember the day he stopped talking to me and I removed the necklace he gave me.

But I remember the day when he told me that there was somebody else and I stopped everything to just let my heart break.
That girl was her. She was there, waiting as I let him get away. She was smart.

His love, his life, his everything.

What was I?

Not perfect.

And now she was gone, but still there.

What could I do? Wait for a chance for him to love me again?