Chapter 5: Battle Begins!

The jet carrying Natasha, Clint and Steve, crashed to the street. Blake ran over to the crash and opened up the doors, to see all three unharmed. All four of them pull themselves together preparing for the fight. A loud roar filled the air, as a large creature came into view. It casted a large shadow over the city. "What the hell is that?" Blake mumbled, watching it soar, crashing into buildings. Chitauri soldiers jumped from it clinging on to nearby buildings. "Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve said, watching in awe at the creature. "I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Tony replied. "Banner?" Steve questioned. "Not yet. Thor's here, he's dealing with Loki right now." Blake responded. "Just keep me posted. JARVIS, find me a soft spot." He said, lining up with the creature.

Meanwhile, Loki and Thor continue to fight on STARK tower. Thor grabbed his younger brothers head, making him face the city. "Look at this! Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?" Thor yelled, looking out at the battle. "It's too late. It's too late to stop it." Loki said, trying to look away. Thor looked pleadingly at his brother, "No. We can. Together." He said. The younger man looked up at his brother, then stabbed him in the gut. Thor kneeled over and removed the small piece of glass. Loki smirked, but was then lifted up and slammed to the floor by his brother, before rolling off the balcony. Thor looked down as his brother landed on a chariot, being flown by a Chitauri soldier.

Back down on the ground, Blake, Clint, and Natasha along with Steve, stand looking over the city. Steve turned to the other three, "Those people need assistance down there." He said pointing toward the citizens of New York. A couple of Chitauri soldiers land near them and in almost sync Blake and Natasha turn and shoot them down, expected Blake used shadows while Natasha used pistols. "We got this, it's good, go." Natasha said as she turned to the Captain. He turned to Clint, "You think you can hold them off?" Steve asked. "Captain. It would be my genuine pleasure." Clint said as he shot an arrow.

Steve raced over to the plaza, jumping over dozens of exploding cars. Clint and Blake ran over to a bus full of people. From the windows, children are held by their parents for Blake to pull them out to safety. Clint ran over to the jammed door and pulled it open. People began to run out to safety. "I'm going to help Cap." Blake told Clint before jumping off the bridge. Natasha and Clint continue to fight off the creatures. "Just like Budapest all over again!" Natasha called. "You and I remember Budapest very differently." Clint scoffed, launching another arrow. (Favourite lines! >.<)

Two police officers, a senior and a younger cop, contemplate what to do. Cap jumped on a car in front of them. Both men looked up at the strangely dressed man. "I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." The senior officer laughed, "Why should we listen to you?" An explosion occurred and Steve blocked it with his shield, then three Chitauri soldiers land next to the officers. The men look on as Steve fought two of them off with ease, then the third is shot down by a black spike. "Because he's Captain America, that's why!" all three men turned to a young dark hair girl, Black Cat aka Blake. "What are gaping at?! Do what he told you to do!" Blake yelled at the officers as they scrambled off to do what their told. She smiles cockily then jumped down from the truck she had been standing on. Steve walked to the agent with a smile.

Above the city Tony swerved around the building, coming face to face with the larger creature. He turned and shot it and it faces him. He then flew away, the creature on his tail. On the bridge Natasha and Clint continued to kill more Chitauri soldiers. Steve and Blake joined them, Steve with his shield and Blake with her shadows and brute strength. It began to become too much for just the four of them. When all of a sudden a loud crack fills the air and Thor lands on the ground. The surrounding Chitauri are knocked to the ground. The four walk closer to the Demi-God. "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked, gesturing to STARK tower. "The powers surrounding the cube are impenetrable." Thor said facing Steve.

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Tony said, over the earpieces. "How do we do this?" Natasha asked, looking around. "As a team." Steve replied looking around at the group. "I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor interrupted. Clint let out a laugh, "Yeah, get in line."

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." Steve was interrupted again by a low humming noise. They all look toward it to see Bruce on a small motorbike, riding into the city. Bruce gets off his ride and walked toward the group. He stops and looked around, "Well, this is horrible." He stated looking at everyone. "I've seen worse." Blake stated. "Sorry" Bruce apologised, "No, we could use a little worse." Blake said, reassuring him. Steve told Tony of Bruce's arrival. "Tell him to suit up, I'm bringing the party to you." Tony replied. He came around a building, the large creature hot on his heels.

"I don't see how that is a party." Natasha remarked. "You can say that again." Blake scoffed. Bruce looked toward the creature then at Steve. He began to walk to the creature, "Bruce. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Blake stated looking at the doctor. "That's my secret, Blake. I'm always angry." He said before turning large and green. The Hulk.

The creature grew closer and Hulk placed his fist in the creature, causing it to flip forward. Tony, who is in mid-flight, extended his arm and a rocket flew out, causing the creature to explode. The creature's remains flew in all directions. Steve quickly grabbed Blake and raised his shield, covering him and Blake. Blake blushed slightly, due to being so close to a man, which has never happened before now. "T-Thank you." She stuttered. "No problem. Just doing my job." Steve quoted what she said earlier. Blake rolled her eyes and chuckled.

Above the city, the Chitauri army watched the Avengers in horror. Loki watched from STARK tower. He smirked and raised his sceptre. "Send the rest."

val.