Chapter Twenty One

"I called to inform you Jason and Scott are in our custody and will be sentenced to prison without the possibility of parol."

"Thank you, officer."

"Who was that Ches?" Mike asked, taking his eyes off his phone to look at his husband who had a bright grin across his face. "Did you say officer?"

"I did. Jason and Scott are in prison." He cheered and Mike stood up from the kitchen table, hugging him tightly. They both were so consumed by happiness, that they didn't notice Draven and Tyler standing in the entryway of the kitchen.

"Did they do that to you?" Draven asked, referencing to Chester's beat up face and bruises that coated his body. Chester looked to them and gestured them both to come forward so he could wrap them in his arms.

"No," He kissed each of their heads. "And that's all you need to know, okay? We'll tell you someday."

"Alright," Tyler said and Chester felt so blessed to have such wonderful kids. He saw his future suddenly growing brighter as his enemies were behind bars, where they belong, and he could finally relax with his family and friends and create some music.

"You know what I think it's time for?" Mike grinned and Chester almost laughed, he was having the same idea. "A party."

"Oh great." Draven rolled his eyes, he knew it meant everyone Mike and Chester were friends with would come over and everyone would get wasted and be passed out by the end of the night.

"Orgy!" Chester jeered and Draven and Tyler started yelling and running out of the room. Chester and Mike bursted out laughing and Mike rested his hand on Chester's lower back.

"So..."

"Mike, I was kidding!" Chester groaned with a giggle and rolled his eyes.

~

"Chester!" Talinda greeted him warmly when she and Anna arrived with the twins. She kissed his cheek and went to kiss Mike's. "It's great to see you, Mike."

"You too, Tal. How have you guys been?" Mike asked, stepping aside to allow them inside. They were the last few to arrive. The party was now made up of Mike, Chester, Draven, Tyler, Phoenix, Rob, Brad, Joe, Lily, Lila, Talinda, Anna, and Otis.

"We've been good, thank you." Talinda smiled.

"So what's the party for?" Anna asked, coming up to put an arm around Talinda's waist.

"Two of our foes have been conquered." Mike smirked and kissed Chester.

"Jason and Scott? They're back in prison? Oh my god! That's wonderful!" Talinda cheered and leaned forward to kiss them both on the cheek excitedly. "I am so SO happy for you guys!"

"Thanks, Talinda." Chester giggled and looked over to his sons and saw Tyler and Otis kiss quick. He smiled broadly to himself, remembering the first time Mike and him kissed. He was so surprised when it happened but he wouldn't take it back for the world. Him, Mike, Talinda, and Anna took a seat in the living room as the guys drank and laughed, dancing to nothing.

"We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you two." Chester spoke up after a little bit with a small smile. Talinda and Anna looked to him with puzzlement. "I remember when I first found out you were cheating on me. I was so angry but... I'm glad it happened. I loved you and I still love you so much but Mike and I were meant to be together just like you two were."

"I totally agree. I was devastated when I found out Anna was cheating on me with Talinda. I was so heartbroken for Chester too, I didn't know he already knew and took action about it." Mike said with a grin. He put an arm around Chester and squeezed his body gently. "I wouldn't want things any other way."

"Trust me, we were breaking and welding together our own hearts when we were doing what we did. We loved and still love you guys and we talked often about whether or not we're sure about doing this and if we love each other enough to leave you... We were still unsure when you both found out." Talinda smiled softly and looked to Anna.

"We honestly weren't at all surprised when we found out you two got together." Anna said.

"No one was!" Phoenix laughed, overhearing the conversation from the other side of the room.

"We were just happy you had each other, it really helped us move on and we felt better about adopting Lily and Lila. Things seemed to work perfectly." Anna continued with a small laugh at Phoenix.

"The way it was meant to be." Talinda smiled.

"Although there were slight setbacks." Chester frowned, thinking back to when Jason first came back into his life. Talinda knew he was thinking about that and put a hand on his knee.

"Ches, Jason was going to come back no matter what. Mike was there to protect you, I couldn't have done what he did if we were still together. I also couldn't have comforted you the way he can." She said, giving his knee a soft rub before leaving him be. "You needed Mike - you still do."

"You're right, I do and did. He's my knight and shinning armor." He giggled and leaned on Mike's shoulder.

"And you're my little princess." Mike joked, earning a small, gently slap to the shoulder from Chester. "Okay fine, kitten. You're my little kitten."

"I'll take it." He grinned and kissed his cheek. He snuggled closer to Mike and looked into his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that," Mike whined, covering Chester's eyes with his hand. He separated his fingers to see one of Chester's eyes; big and begging like. He threw his head back and felt his heart growing weak. "You're too adorable! It's just so... so..."

"Cuuuteee." Chester stretched with a smile that sent Mike into stitches.

"Stooop!" Mike whined, kissing him gently. They were forgetting about everyone else in the room and they didn't even care. Chester looked over at Draven and Tyler before looking back up at Mike.

"I think we should have another kid."