Prologue

Third person POV
It was a extremely rare night. All three moons were aligned and in a lunar eclipse. This rare phenomenon also just managed to happen on the night when the female egg of queen Glacier was about to hatch. Glacier stood in the royal nursery, waiting for her egg to hatch. She watched the egg with a close eye. This egg was very rare in the kingdom of ice. Most eggs in the icewing kingdom were either white or very pale blue. But no. This egg, the queen's egg, was super rare. It was silver. The first icewing egg to turn out silver in history of course. Then the egg moved. Then cracks appeared on the egg. Finally, after cracking and jerking around, a silver talons popped out of the egg. But then Glacier saw that her daughter's paw was a shiny black. But Glacier didn't mind. When her daughter finally poked her head out, Glacier gasped. She knew why her baby was black. The lunar eclipse was part if a prophecy. She knew what would happen to her daughter. She knew that if an Icewing was to be hatched on a lunar eclipse, it would come out black. But she thought of her daughter as blessed. She remembered the prophecy very well. Even though she doesn't want her daughter to suffer this fate, she had to. For the good of the lands. She picked up her daughter by the scruff of her neck, avoiding her daughter's very sharp spines. She walked back to her chamber and curled up around her daughter and fell asleep.